Training

Today is the first day of training. Rena and I prepared together the whole day. We've been punching bags all day. "FIRST JUMPER IN THE RING !" ,Eric, our leader, yells. "LAST JUMPER IN THE RING!". I couldn't believe I was about to have my first fist fight without training. I'm not prepared for this. I'm not prepared at all.

The girl and I met in the ring and she was as buff as a T-Rex. I knew I didn't have a chance, but I wasn't going down without a fight. As she raises her fist I throw the first punch, but I missed. She sneaks me and socks me in the jaw. I took the hit and tried to swing again, but I missed. She was really beating the mess out of me, but there's no going down without a jaw. I try to tackle her, she catches me and knees me in the ribs. She finished me off with a punch.

After this fight I was determined I wouldn't lose again. Later that night, I put my uniform on and walk to the training area. It was seven o' clock in the morning, and we wake up at nine so I had time on my hands. As I start with the punching bag, I feel as if someone is watching me. I turn around to see Ron staring at me. " Your weak, you have no muscle. You'll never win, not like that" he implies. I scoff at him. He grabs me by the waist and straightens my posture. I take a deep breath in. Someone that handsome shouldn't touch a woman out of nowhere like that. I turn and we make eye contact. " See, you have to use your core. You're fast so you'll have to watch their feet. Everyone steps before the throw a hit" ,he assures me.

I don't think I've ever felt this way. Butterflies flying in my stomach, uncontrollably breathing. This is something new. New things aren't bad.