The Beginning of Everything

Just to let you know, in the Trails of Apollo, Apollo claims that he is 3000 and something years old.

So, Apollo meets Alia when he is 1000 years old in this book.

Enjoy!
-------------------------------------------------------

Zeus's POV

I was taking a walk in the muddy paths of the earth one gloomy day. The sky was grey, and that's what I blamed for putting me in a depressed sort of mood today.

I wasn't really thinking of anything as I strolled along the side of a lake. Just about the last woman I had hooked up with. What was her name again? Meredith? Mary? Merlyn?
I forgot.

Not long after, I spotted a little girl curled up desperately trying to keep warm in this biting cold weather.
She wore only an extremely thin dress that barely reached her knees. Her curly black hair covered her face from me, but I caught a glimpse of twinkling black eyes.

I don't know what, maybe it was the fact that Meredith/ Mary/ Merlyn's baby was a stillborn just last night. Or it may just have been the sight of a little girl trying to keep warm during this storm, that made me walk up to her with my mind already set.

"What's your name?" I ask her, gently crouching down next to her so that I won't be towering over her.
She timidly looked up with big eyes that were such a dark brown, they appeared black. But they twinkled with light and a child's innocent hope.

"Aria."

"Where are your parents?"
She hesitated and I patiently waited.

"Dead."

"When?"

"Yesterday."

"I'm sorry. How old are you?"

"I'm nine."

"Well you're a brave child for nine. Do you have anywhere to stay?"
She shook her head and I gently pulled her into a warm hug.

"Would you like to come stay with me? I live in the clouds in a palace. I promise I'm not lying."

She's nine. I have my defenses. I KNOW it sounds weird, "I live in the clouds!" But she's nine. Okay?

"Yes please!" She said excitedly and that's when I made up my mind that this girl would be special.
Because this girl would have the blessing of all the gods upon her.

----------------------------------------------------