Chapter Eleven

"So Ms

"So Ms. Rowland, Mr. Blaylock.. What brings you two in this afternoon?"

I looked at the paintings on the wall as Don & I's couples therapist, Dr. Jackie, started off our session. Don was sitting all the way on the other side of the couch and I was damn near on the floor. I don't wanna be here. I don't even want to breathe the same air as his trifling ass.

This man really has the audacity, so want to "rebuild" our relations. Then, he goes on to send me Child Custody papers, like I haven't been the one raising Aaliyah for the past four years of her life. She practically is just getting to know Donnell and the fact that he wants to do this is really fucking with me.

"Okay obviously, you guys came here on some type of agreement, so let's chat." Dr. Jackie turned to Don and grabbed a pen. "Donnell, it was your idea to come.. Correct?"

Don cleared his throat and let out soft, "Yeah.." And he sat up with his back against his couch.

"Why? What made you, want to sit down with Sade today?"

"I just feel like it's time to repair our relationship. She's too caught up with the past.." Don said making me roll my eyes.

"She.. as in?"

"Sade." Don said sighing.

"I haven't even had the time to think about us!" I turn to Don. "Because I didn't want an 'us' let's get that straight.." I say rolling my eyes. "You are full of shit.."

"I'm full of shit?" Don asked crossing his arms. "You come to me crying about wanting to go on vacation and all of this bullshit and then you're going out with another nigga! You thought I wasn't gonna find out?"

I scrunch my face up and shake my head. "Why are you stalking me..? Ho-how did you even know that?"

"Don't worry about that.." Don said leaning back.

I look at Dr. Jackie and she's just writing on her notepad. She looked a little baffle.

"You are.. cccrrrazzyyy..." I say dragging out the word 'crazy' and singing it a little bit.

"Are you done?" Don asked causing to me to flip him off.

Dr. Jackie looked up at us and took a long breath. "You guys just argued for 3 minutes straight and did not come to an agreement about anything. Except for, both you saying that you want to work this marriage out.." I don't know why but, the word marriage made me cringe a little bit. "Is that true."

"Yes.."

"No.."

Don and I gave two completely different answers at the same time.

"Okay... I'm sensing some passive aggressiveness and some confusion." Dr. Jackie said. "You guys are sitting on two different sides of the couch, saying that you all want to work on this relationship. It's becoming toxic and I see it, and I feel it."