Chapter Thirty-Two

"And everything is in the bag?" Don asked as I handed Sire over to him

"Yes, I've already told you this five times." I say laughing. "And mommy will see you in a few days baby." I play with Sire's cheeks making him laugh.

Giving up Sire to somebody else besides people I actually see everyday is pretty nerve wrecking. I'm used to having him and Aaliyah everyday and seeing them all around the house and just in my presence, so I have no doubt in my mind that I'm gonna have a few anxiety attacks in Costa Rica.

"Now are you sure that you can handle this?" I ask rubbing Sire's head full of curls.

Don smacked his lips and tilts his head. "Yes I got this! My brother's even coming over here to help me baby proof the place." He said making me laugh and shake my head. "Now go and have fun. He'll be right here waiting for you.." Don said tickling Sire's neck.

I watch him laugh and smile softly. "Please call me if you need me." I say grabbing my purse.

"I will."

"And only 30 minutes for Tummy Time. I don't want him to get gas from laying on his stomach too long." I inform Don.

"Alright. Noted." Don said smiling. "Sade you're stalling, get out my house." He laughed.

I roll my eyes and open the front door. "I'm coming back for my child, don't get attached." I joke.

"No you don't get attached, to having fun." Don chuckled. "Mommy duties will be awaiting when you get back." He said.

"Bye Don, tell Alaya I said 'hi'." I say waving my hand.

"I will. Have fun." He said nodding. "Say bye to mama!" Don told Sire.

"Bye baby." I said waving as I got closer to my car. "I'll miss you."

Leaving Sire with Don is definitely a bittersweet moment. Don and I just got back into our routine of being friends and only friends, so I'm kind of nervous. However, he really loves Alaya and I could tell that he's only trying to do the right thing and I appreciate that. I commend Don for doing so great in life and settling down. He's stopped chasing after Little old me and found him a woman who's a better fit, I guess.

~

~

~

"Wait so let me get this right.. You're letting Sire stay with Don for the whole vacation?" Valencia repeated. "Wow you're really growing up!" She said clapping.

 "Wow you're really growing up!" She said clapping