XX

William's house

7:23 a.m.

The sun was already up when everyone was sleeping deeply.  Finally ... there was one who was already standing.  Even before the sun.
Eva was once again brought tears to her eyes because of one of her many nightmares where she felt revived that evening when she started calling herself murderous.

Today was Marc’s funeral day.  And Eva was determined to make an appearance.  When she got up in the morning, she started observing one of their many photos of a couple.
She remembered it like it was yesterday.  They were at the amusement park to celebrate their one year together.  A tear rolled down her cheek as she touched the face of her deceased.
Not wanting to waste any more time, she got up to prepare to go to the funeral.

[Sometime later]

- Hello Henry.  She smiled while making another toast.
- Hello Mrs. Brown.  He responded to his smile.
Do you know where Eva is?  She is not in her room and she left her phone.
Henry looked up from his coffee prepared by Mrs. Brown earlier.

- Really ?  I ... don't worry.  I will find her soon.

In his head, he already had his little idea.  He was knowledgeable about Marc's funeral and therefore knew it was today.  Knowing Eva, she would no doubt be there.
The program for the day was such that Mrs. Brown had to find her home.  And including Kc and Aiden too.
[Meanwhile]
The weather was bad this morning in a small neighborhood.  A small dew was installed.  The young woman told herself that it was the perfect time for this kind of situation.
Marc didn't have many friends.  So there weren't many people in the cemetery.
She had wrapped a long black scarf around her face as if to hide.
She was installed on a chair, quite close to Mrs. Kinsey.  But she had to remain discreet at the risk of ruining once again the life of any person.

- Name of Father and Son and of the Holy Spirit.  Amen.  Peace on you!
All made the sign of the cross.
- Dear brothers and sisters, we offer this Holy Mass for the soul of the late brother Marc Kinsey, to whom I express from the bottom of my soul my human and Christian condolences, as well as to all the members of the family who l  'engendered.
She could no longer bear it.  So she let herself go.  Crying slowly, she went up the scarf even more to hide the features of her face.
- Before the call of God, all human remarks and stories are silent.  There remains only the response of the one who was called before God, and our human intercession in the face of this sacrifice of Jesus before the Heavenly Father full of mercy.  May Christ the King, whose feast we celebrate today and to whom we offer this holy Mass, receive the soul of the late Brother Marc and grant him the reward for his good works and the forgiveness of all his omissions.  We too repent for good unfulfilled works and for all bad thoughts, words and deeds that were not in accordance with the law of God.

Every word that came out of the priest's mouth was like a stab.  She said to herself that that was not how he should have left.  Even less with his hands.  It was not a call from God, but rather His work.  Wondering how she could be so clumsy as to take the life of a loved one.
As the loved ones stood up, just to see the dead body of their deceased for the last time, she too got up and approached slowly.  With so much slowness that it seemed that each step would require a superhuman effort.
She knew it was going to crack when she saw it.  And that’s what happened.  She put her hand on her mouth to try to silence her loud cries.
Watching his face, his knee flexed and landed on the ground.  Her lips that she had kissed so many times with love.  Now she won't be able to.