Chapter three - Plans

My phone rang for the fifth time. I didn’t care. I had hung up on him and threw my phone down on the bed. He had some damn nerve. Three fucking months he was going to be gone. He was going to miss my birthday, the announcement and make me deal with all the fall out of announcing I was his mate alone. No wonder he pushed so hard for me to have a security team.

I was livid to say the least. No, I was beyond livid. I was ready to climb out of my comfy bed, pack my shit, and move out of the pack house and back into my little house with my brother.

Jason had never wanted me to move into the pack house. He didn’t like the idea of me living there full time under the same roof with Zander and temptation to do things. I had no illusions about the effect I had on my mate. And I had no illusions that he worked really hard to not break any promises he made to my brother, like not marking me or touching me beyond kissing.

Even that had been a fight with Jason though, but it helped that even if he was my older brother and much bigger than me he was still scared of me. Like I could go two years without kissing Zander? His kisses were like a drug, fucking addicting. He had tried to enforce that rule for all of five seconds until he saw Zander and I both ready to kill him. Yes, my mate was just that good.

But even his kisses weren’t going to save him now. Actually they would but since he wasn’t going to be home for another three months, he had three months of a pissed Aimi to deal with. The phone rang again beside me but this time it was a different ring tone. I had set Zander’s to be Adele’s One and Only, while Cam’s was India Arie’s Just Do You. I sighed heavily and picked it up.

“Seriously?” She said into the phone as soon as I answered.

“He is an ass.”

“Well, duh. Already knew that, Aims. Broadcast something new. Talk to him so he can leave me alone. I am going back to bed.”

“He bribed you, didn’t he?” I asked into the phone and heard her giggle softly.

“Of course. A new pair of earrings plus the two Louis Vuitton purses he already owes me for keeping you out of trouble.” I laughed softly.

The irony was that he had bribed my best friend to keep me out of trouble yet half the time most of our antics were her idea. So pretty much he just bribed Cam to stay out of trouble with two new purses. Two very expensive purses knowing Cam. And the best part, we would probably still get into trouble.

“Fine. But I am doing this for you, not him. He can suffer.”

“Riight. Keep telling yourself that.” She said and hung up the phone.

I sighed and dialed him back and didn’t have to wait long since he answered on the first ring.

“I was just kidding.” He said immediately and continued taking advantage of my slight surprise. “Don’t you ever hang up on me again, no matter how upset you are.”

“You were just fucking with me?! Have you lost your damn mind?” I shouted into the phone when the shock had worn off. He really was a fucking moron.

“I am sorry. I shouldn’t have fucked with you that way. I thought it would help you accept the real news better.” He said and I froze as I heard the words. So there was something I wasn’t going to like still.

“What is it?”

“I really won’t be home for a while. But it won’t be as long as that. I will literally be coming home a few days before the party.” He said softly and I could tell he wasn’t happy about that news.

Zander was traveling to deal with his personal company, meet new clients, meet with his teams, and to finalize new contracts with vendors. Zander’s company didn’t design the planes themselves they just customized them for private use. As much as Zander loved aeronautics he didn’t have the time to actually design the planes themselves. So he went to other designers and bought plans and planes from them. He loved being Alpha but his passion was his company.