Christmas Eve

Tuesday, 24th December

We started from home at about six thirty in the morning. I was still giddy after last night with Finn that I couldn't make myself fall asleep. I thought about what Finn has said about Troy and decided to quickly inform my mom but, of course, omitting completely about who the informant was. I had to lie a little bit. I'll let Finn reveal himself on his own terms. Mom didn't ask questions and immediately she contacted the police to ask them to monitor our neighborhood.

Finn wanted to keep a lookout too I recall. Maybe I should've given him my number in case anything happens, God forbids, anything should happen at all. So right before every member of my family gets out of the house, I ran as quickly as I can to Finn's and dropped a little paper under his front door with my number on it: with a little drawing of the Grinch next to it. He should know that it is my number. Would he though? Ugh, I should've written down my name instead.

I sighed a couple of times until Ava made me stop.

"You're making me depressed Millie!" she had said with her usual frown that I adore.

We all laughed at her remark. I mean she's too young to understand the word. But that word reminds me of a certain someone back at home. He doesn't seem to be in depression after all the things that had happen to him. But he is sad. That is for certain. I almost sigh but I met Ava's glazing eyes and stop myself before I could.

****

The trip took nearly four hours long. It should've taken us about two hours at maximum to arrive in New York but we have to make some pit stops AND the traffic was unforgiving. Grandma called a few times sounding grumpier with each call. This trip is her idea anyway.

After we settled our luggage in our rooms, we all went out to get some lunch. Our parents went on their own adventure, leaving us with Grandma who insisted on trying the poshest of restaurant but me, Charlie and Paige insisted on eating sushi instead. Ava just want food. Grandma loves us too much that she obliged to what we wanted and I can't help but did a fist bump with my older siblings. Right after that we went for our Christmas shopping: grandma is paying of course.

'We went to the largest toy store in New York and it has been Ava's dream to go here, and low-key mine and Charlie's as well. When we got there we were like little kids seeing a whole new world. We do have good toy stores back in London but that's it. They were good but this is great. Ava dragged me to the stuffed dolls section and oh my they have a variety of them. My eyes then spotted a rather green and familiar character arranged within the area and recognize it immediately.

"Why hello there Mr. Grinch" I said to the dolls. There were a whole array of different expressions and I chose the one with a pleasant smile. My thoughts were on Finn. I wonder what he's doing right now. I decide I'm going to get him this and I'm paying for this myself and as for my gift it will be on grandma.

***

25th December, Christmas. 11:30 p.m.

We were all in the penthouse suite grandma rented, having a rather extravagant time amongst ourselves. For the whole day yesterday we went around New York and I swear grandma finally showed us what a great whiner she is. She insisted on walking around but not ten minutes later she went ahead and rented a limousine for us to go around. We were a bit embarrassed by the unnecessary attention but we enjoyed it nonetheless.

On Christmas morning, we spent our day in our penthouse, exchanging gifts with one another. I've gotten my parents and grandma a bath set each, a pair of new airpods for Charlie, a pair of faux leather boots for Paige and a frog stuffed animal for Ava. I received a Pandora bracelet from mom and dad, and a Gucci scarf from grandma. Paige got me a Starbucks gift card- which I am very much thankful for, Charlie bought me a new editing pad and my sweet youngest sister Ava gave me a whole packet of chocolate M&Ms.