33

Neve's POV
Today I'm going to the Bristol show of the boy band, Roadtrip. My best friend, Rye, is in the band and he just started touring and I wanted to surprise him. I miss him so much, it's months that we don't see each other. There's also a big detail, I have a huge crush on him. We've been friends for 18 years and I never thought of him in that way but a few months ago everything changed. I finished getting ready before getting in the car and started heading to the venue. I live just 30 minutes away from there, but I planned with Andy to go there in advance and surprise him. I drove down the streets and when I was there I texted Andy, 'I'm here'.
He immediately answered saying that he'll and get me. I responded with a 'Okay' and put my phone back in my pocket.

After a few minutes I saw Andy. He greeted me with a hug, and we got in. He led the way to the green room. As I got there I saw Rye, he didn't notice me though. So, I sneaked behind him and covered his eyes with my hands.
"Guess who?" I asked.
He looked at me with a surprise, happy expression and without saying a word he wrapped his arms around me. He pulled me in a warm hug.
"Neve what are you doing?" Rye asked.
"I missed my best friends." I said happily but as I realised what I said I felt a bit sad.
I know he doesn't like me back and I shouldn't be feeling this way about him, but it still hurts. I looked in his eyes and they changed colour they were a bit deeper. It almost seemed in pain. I covered everything with a smile and greeted the boys.

After a few hours it was time for the show to start. The Roadies were already in the venue and they were all screaming for the boys. I love how much they support the band. They got on stage and started singing while I stayed backstage watching them. I couldn't help it but look at how Rye danced and sang during the show. He looked so happy. Every time I hear him singing I fall even more for him. In an hour or so they started singing the last song which was 'Flashing Lights'. As they finished Rye spoke.
"This song is dedicated to a special person. She's always by my side when I need her, and I couldn't ask for a better person next to me. So, I want you, Neve, to come on the stage." He says.
I couldn't believe his words. He looked at me and gestured me to get on stage. I slowly walked in, not sure of what I had to do. As I saw the light and all the fans looking at me my cheeks turned into a deep shade of pink. As I was next to him he took my hand.
"Neve, you're always there when I need you and you support in everything I do. Lately I felt different about you and I want to ask you, Neve, will you be my girlfriend?"
He looked deeply into my eyes, the crowd went wild and I nearly cried.
"Yes, yes I thousand time yes." I nodded happily.
He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me off the ground spinning me around. I can't believe what he just did. He let down and as I stood on my feet he smashed his lips on mine. The crowd went wild again but this time I didn't care. All I could feel was out love and all I could hear was my heart racing. He wrapped an arm around my waist.
"Thank you Bristol!" Rye said.
Then we got off stage.
"I love you." He said as we were backstage then he kissed me.
"I love you too."