Chapter 1

I ran after Sherlock as he ran out of the restaurant.

He had insisted on buying me a meal for my birthday, even though he knew I don't eat much. But despite that fact, he took me to my favorite restaurant anyway. The diner served the best tea I had ever tasted, and the waitress there knew our names by heart.

Sherlock had been acting strange lately and I hadn't seen John Watson around... nothing in particular was what I had pinned it down to.

Sherlock sat right across from me, his hands put into his usual position. A position which meant he was going into his mind palace. But this time his normal action seemed to be different. This time he was just staring at me.

"What?" I asked when I noticed him staring. "Oh nothing, I'm just thinking about how much your changing." he replied.

"Sherlock, you know it's no use lying to me, I can deduce you just as well as you could me, if not better. Tell me what's really wrong." I asked him. He looked as if he were about to talk, then his eyes swivelled to a spot over my shoulder. He suddenly got up and ran out of the restaurant. I threw 20£ on the table and ran after him.

He ran past the shooting range just as someone was coming out and I bumped into her, making me stumble slightly. Making sure I didn't lose my brother, I continued to run.

A couple yards later I looked back to see the girl I had just bumped into was dialling a number into her phone. She had red tips on her dark brown hair and green eyes. I didn't bother taking the time to deduce anything about her.

I shrugged it off and just kept running.