Chapter 2

I ran down the street, Sherlock trailing not far behind. We rounded the corner next to the coffee shop looking for Mycroft. I ran across the street with Sherlock still trailing behind me. I looked to my right and saw John and the girl I had ran into earlier a couple buildings down they were talking, arguing I guessed. What about, I couldn't tell, nor did I really care. But I knew that Sherlock would like seeing John.

"John!" I called out hoping to get his attention. Sherlock looked up immediately seeing John as well. I ran towards John and the girl smiling as once again Sherlock trailed behind but this time with a slight spring in his step. I got over to John and glanced behind me finding Mycroft had run in the oppisite direction. I looked forwards again noticing Sherlock was now beside me staring silently at John.

"Hey John" I said to the blond haired man. "I haven't seen you in a while, how are you?" I continued with a small smirk, seeing Sherlock staring at John and that he was returning the stare.

"Fine, thank you Cyra" he responded not taking his eyes off Sherlock.

"Hey" The girl from I had run into interupted, "I'm not dont with you." she glared at John, "You're still not off the hook" what she said seemed to take both Sherlock and John's gazes away from each other.

"I'm sorry what did my accomplice do?" Sherlock asked while John replied angrily at the same time: "Well sorry for trying to save your life."

Both men glared each other. I could tell that they were having one of their silent battles.

She rolled her eyes and I smiled slightly, liking this girl already. "Your accomplice deleted everything off my phone."

"But she was about to call Mycroft." he explained.

"Mycroft..." he looked over to me and I nodded. "Would you have happened to me at the shooting range about, say ten minutes ago?"

"Yeah, I was practicing my shooting. Why?" she looked from me to Sherlock and back, probably looking for an answer. I stayed silent, simply observing her. It was hard to deduce the girl.

"Sherlock..." I said "That's why Mycroft was at the shooting range... But why her? And why now?"

"This sounds like a complex situation... my line of work." Sherlock clapped his hands together, spinning around and walking off briskly. Both John and I followed behind him.

I heard a sigh and some muttering behind me. I stopped and turned around to face the girl from before. "Well?"

"What?"

"Aren't you coming? We may need some information that you'll be able to provide." I could tell that she might be useful in later investigations. And I was getting interested in her. Why was she hard to deduce?

"Oh."

"So you're coming?"

She shrugged. "Nothing better to do on a Tuesday like this" she said following behind me. I could tell she was cold even though she was behind me. I tuned around again to face her "You're cold." I stated.

"Yeah no shit Sherlock," she muttered. She was annoyed.

Sherlock stopped in his tracks and tuned around. "What did you say to me?"

She closed her eyes holding her head in her hand and I couldn't help but put that small smile back on my face. "It's an expression." she said.

"Is that all?"

"Yes, only an expression."

"Right then." He continued on. I looked back again before continuing on after Sherlock. I heard her mutter somethign again and she followed behind me again. Even though she was behind me I could tell she was shivering. Without turning around I silently took off my black trenchcoat and handed it backwards to the girl. She took it and slipped it on whispering "Thank you," to me. I continued on, my pale arms instantly getting soaked in the downpour.