Chapter 8: Visionary

++++++

In the medical facility in the next town over, Gerard Argent was staring out the windows, wiping his nose. He heard the door open and caught a reflection of his granddaughter in the mirror close by.  

"Did you bring him?" he asked her. The next moment, he turned around to see Scott step in view of the doorway. He smiled at the sight of him. "Oh. Come in, Scott and give an old man a little something for his pain." He then pulled his sleeve up and reached his hand out to him.

Scott just glared at him. The thought of doing something so personal, and so beautiful for this hideous man made Scott want to vomit. Gerard didn't deserve any kind of relief, especially from him or anyone of them that he tried to kill.

Allison could see how Scott was feeling as he looked at her grandfather. "You don't have to do this," she told him.

"If you want me to talk, this is how it's going to happen," Gerard spat at them.

Scott swallowed and pushed down his discomfort. "If I do this, you have to tell us everything you know," Scott hissed at him. "Everything."

Gerard narrowed his eyes harder at Scott as he thrust his arm forward harder. Scott moved in closer and took a glove off his hand. He then slowly reached for Gerard's arm and took his hand. Scott then pulled pain from Gerard. A lot as it went straight to his head and made his eyes burn gold.

Right after Scott had pulled quite a bit of pain from him, he and Allison began to tell him of the recent string of sacrifices that happened in the town.

"They found a third body?" he asked them as he wiped some more goo from his nose.

"Another doctor," said Allison. "Right after Scott found Deaton. "Right after? Almost like it was expected he'd survive." Scott narrowed his eyes. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"How do you know your Dark Druid isn't your wise veterinarian himself?" he asked him slyly. "Maybe he knew you'd find him. Maybe he planned it that way?"

"He'd never let anyone innocent die," Scott defended him. "Don't be so sure. You'd be surprised how far some people would go to get rid of someone like Deucalion and his daughter." "Or someone like you?" Allison said pointedly.

That made Gerard laugh. "I don't go easily though, do I? You know Scott, you've made me something of a celebrity here." He then spat some goo that had gathered in his mouth. "I'm a medical mystery. The cancer is now virtually undetectable but the doctors have no clue why my body keeps producing and ejecting this bizarre black fluid."

"Now, I did what you asked me to do." Scott sternly told him. "Tell us how to beat him and her."

Gerard shook his head. "You can't. I've tried."

Allison shook her head. "Then this is a complete waste of time. He doesn't know anything." She then looked over at Scott. "Sorry you did this," she apologized. "Let's go." She then headed for the door and Scott was rising to join her.

"Wait," Gerard said quickly making her stop. "I can tell you one thing. Deucalion may have lost his eyes, but he's not always blind."

++++++

Scott and Allison began to listen to Gerard as he told them the story. 

Derek and Paige had been making out but it was cut short as Deucalion, Luna, Ennis and Kali had gone to the distillery to have a meeting with their packs. Ennis was looking for retribution for the loss of his beta that had been killed by the Argents. Suspended and cut in half with a sword.

"They were all there. Ennis, Kali, Deucalion and his daughter. Each with their own packs, before they'd killed them all and decided to form their little all-star team."