Shifting In Place

"As fun as this conversation is I would rather be literally anywhere else right now so I'm just gonna go

"As fun as this conversation is I would rather be literally anywhere else right now so I'm just gonna go."

Luciana sat with her best friend Simon at Java Jones waiting for her older sister, Clary, to get back from her art school interview to see if she got accepted

Luciana sat with her best friend Simon at Java Jones waiting for her older sister, Clary, to get back from her art school interview to see if she got accepted. When Clary walked in she had a sad look on her face, though Luciana could tell it was fake. It was the same look Clary would give their mom when she was having a fit not wanting to do something or cause she wasn't getting her way.
"Give me the professors' names and I... I will end them. You know, with... with a scathing e-mail to the dean." Simon told Clary seeing her "sad face", causing Luciana to roll her eyes. "Don't bother." Clary says giving Simon her acceptance letter. "What? Sad face? Really?" Simon says playfully rolling his eyes as Clary laughs. "Well played, well played." Simon smiles. "Thank you. You know, it's weird. They kind of liked my assigned work, but they flipped out over the drawings for our graphic novel." Clary told them. "You're welcome." Simon tells Clary chuckling. "This day will go down in history as the greatest 18th birthday I ever had." Clary says happily. "Which is why we are celebrating tonight. Yes, with Maureen, after our show." Simon tells the two girls. "Absolutely. So... what's the deal with you and Maureen?" Clary asks. "What deal? No deal. We sing together." Simon answers quickly. "You seriously don't know she's been crushing on you this whole time?"  Clary questions. "What? No. No." Simon stammers. "Simon, how can someone as smart and perceptive as you not realize that the person sitting right there is in love with you?" Clary asks oblivious to Simon's feelings for her. "I guarantee you he is not the only smart, perceptive person to make that mistake." Luciana tells Clary. "That's a latte." Simon tells Clary when he sees her looking around. "But I could have sworn I had a biscotti." Clary says confused. "I'll be back." Luciana tells them when she sees the biscotti in Clary's sketch book, that had tunes drawn on it. "Okay we'll see you at home." Clary says before going back to looking for her biscotti. Once Luciana made it outside she called her mom, Jocelyn. "Mom it's happening." Luciana tells Jocelyn as soon as she answers the phone. "What happened, Lu?" Jocelyn asks worriedly. "Clary put her biscotti in her sketch book and she drew a bunch of runes in it." Luciana told her. "The protection is wearing off, I'll tell her when y'all get back." Jocelyn assures her youngest daughter.