Chapter 4: A Dream?

"What are you doing here?! You could be mobbed!" I say angrily to him. "I'm not worth that! If you're recognized...." I glance around nervously.

"No one knows who I am here." He mutters, looking down at his hands. "And that's my guitar." He nods to the one still sitting by me.

"Oh! Here." I hand the guitar to him and hold out my hand. "I'm Kendall, and that's not nessecarily true."

He smiles shyly, taking my hand. "Mir." He answers softly.

"I know," I say simply.

"Right. So where were you going when I came out?" He brushes his soft brown hair out of his lovely eyes.

It takes me a second to recover from the innocent look he gives me. "Uh..the beach." I stutter like some star-struck idiot. "Want to come with me?" I ask after a moment.

"Um, I'd love to, just to make sure you don't collapse.  Let me check in with my band, let them know." He takes a few steps away to make his call. "Yes, Seungho?" I raise my eyebrows. It's just hit me. Mir, from MBLAQ, is here, right in front of me! He shook my hand; better yet, he talked to me! My breathing quickens as he speaks Korean into his cell, and by the time he's done, I'm ready to melt into a puddle on the step.

"Seungho said I have about an hour before he'll come pick me up to take us to the next show." He turns to me, smiling happily.

"Show?"

"We have a preformance in Washington D.C. tonight."

"Oh, right." I mutter. I remember reading about it now.

Without a spoken word, we set off to the beach, walking a couple blocks before reaching it. I take in a breath of salty air, smiling as I see the ocean shimmering in the setting sun. A small sigh escapes my lips. Mir looks at me curiously.

I smile peacefully. "It's so beautiful."

"Yes." He watches me watching the ocean, and then we wander down to the water's edge. I take my shoes off, holding them in one hand, and dip my feet in.

"Oh!" I gasp as a shiver runs through me. "It's cold!" I see him smirking out of the corner of my eye, but decide to ignore it. "So how long will you be in the states?"

"We got here yesterday. We are touring all over The Americas until the end of November. Most of our shows are in South America."

"Lucky South America." I say sincerely.

He smiles, and I think he blushes, but it's hard to tell against his tan skin in the evening light. We hang out for the next half hour, and I can't believe he isn't  completely bored from my normal life. After a while he checks his phone, then glances at me. "I'm sorry, but I have to go."

I sigh and nod. "Thanks, this has been...." Eye-opening? Like a dream? What do I say?

He just nods. "Are you coming to the show tonight?"

"No." I say, feeling his eyes on me as I watch the waves crash. "We don't have money right now, and I have to get back to my friends."

His eyes narrow. Then he says something totally unexpected. "I can get you in."