late night calls

Violet's POV

I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating on my bedside table. I groaned, knowing it had to be very early morning as there was no light shining through my windows. I blindly picked up my phone and read the number. It was a completely unknown number but curiosity got the best of me.

"Hello?" I said in a groggy voice.

"Hello. Is this Violet Salvatore?" A woman with a deep voice said.

"I guess. I mean yeah, yeah this is Violet. Who is this?" I stumbled over my own words.

"Layla Flynn, head of Modest! Management. You filed for a job here the other day, remember?" The woman, Layla, apparently, said.

"Yeah, did I qualify for any?" I asked excitedly.

"Yes, I've got the perfect one. You know Louis Tomlinson of One Direction, right? He and his girlfriend have been getting so much hate that we plan to stage a break up. And we had the perfect idea. You are going to be Louis' fake girlfriend. $500 per date, $1500 per party, $2000 per major event, $3000 per papparazi, $5000 per red carpet. Deal?"

I thought about the offer, replaying her words in my head. A wave of questions came over me.

How will Louis and Eleanor react?
Is this a long term thing?
How will affect school or my career?

I sighed, pressing the phone to my ear. I took a sharp breath in and whispered, "deal."