A Chance...

Next day 9a.m

I listened to Kina-get you the moon as I absent-mindedly stared at the clouds.
This flight was definitely more peaceful then the first one.
I'm more excited to go back to Uni and things are going way better at home.
Oh God are things really starting to look up for me, or is this another trick life is playing on me.
I don't wanna jinx it and get excited just for something else in my life to go wrong but again I'm not gonna miss an opportunity to be happy even if it's just for a moment.

My mind was drowning in thoughts as per usual and then it drifted off to...
Devon.
My dads recovery got me feeling optimistic about things, especially him.
I know I want him around but I'm just scared to admit it, or moreso to give it a chance.
I was low key tired though so I decided to take a nap before we land.

About 30 minutes later the plane landed-
after collecting my luggage I sat in the waiting area and dialed an Uber.
I shot my mom a text telling her I arrived safely and then I texted Cammy to let her know I was on my way.
I made my way outside to get to my Uber that arrived 5 minutes later, I really need to get a car.

I got to the room and Cammy was spreadout on her bed doing something on her MacBook.
"Besfren... Your back, I missssed you..."
She said while getting up to walk towards me.

"I missed you too besfren. I know your ass must've been bored without me here huh.?"

"Duuuh, who else was I gonna hangout with, around here foreal."
We chuckled at each other's antiques as we hugged.

"On a serious note though I'm glad things are going way better with your dad, it was really taking a strain on you Vee."

"I know Cammy... I'm just so much lighter now. And I'm happy.
But I seriously need a shower though, I'm exhausted."

"Aight, you hungry? I can cook you something."

"uhm, yeah but just order a pizza"

"whatever, my cooking ain't that bad sooo"

I just gave her an okay face and headed for the shower. Girl knows her cooking is that bad.

After completing my hygiene I went into the room and lotioned up my body. Then I threw on my grey pink sweatsuit.
On the other hand Cammy was devouring the pizza I told her to order.

"Thought you was gonna cook something.."
I said while giving her a stank face, I don't play about my food.

"Girl, whatever. What we gonna do for the day though."

"Ion know, I'm really tired so I was just gonna sleep that off. You had plans or something?"

"Nah, was just asking. I gotta complete my assignment though so we can just chill in...".

"Aight..."
I said while putting my curls into a messy bun and then grabbing a piece of pizza.

After eating I lowkey just wanted to sleep, so I was laying all comfy in my pink fluffy throw and slowly drifting off to sleep when my phone started ringing.
Why does this always happen to me...