Chapter 5

On & On

Peace and blessings manifest with every lesson learned

Four days later...

I was sitting at my desk, going over the studio and Dave's schedule for the upcoming month. It was going to be busy as hell. Next week Fabolous, Nas and Method Man were supposed to be coming in for a joint collaboration, and everything needed to be organized.

On top of that Nicki Minaj and Cardi B were booking studio sessions for the same time and I needed to figure out how to reschedule one of them or keep them from seeing each other.

I may be a hermit crab, but everyone knew that those two have some kind of beef and I wanted no part of it to go down in this building.

Then East also has a listening party coming up for his new EP that I needed to plan and confirm.

It was only my fourth day here and I was always busy. Between running around with East to attend meetings and dealing with the studio's managerial work, I was exhausted.

Nonetheless I was finally getting the hang of things. After a few screw-ups and one meltdown, I managed to get everything under control - with Eva's help of course.

She was literally, the only person in the office that I actually liked. No one else interacted with me because I was their 'boss', which I don't have a problem with but it would be nice if they at least tried to be friendly.

Sighing, I kicked off my checkered print Vans and spun around in my desk chair to look out at my office's city view.

It's finally a Friday, and I can't even go home to relax. I have to finish packing all my stuff to move into Dave's condo tomorrow morning.

My current apartment is owned by my best friend, Brielle's parents, so it was easy to get out of my lease and rent it out.

A good thing about this process is that I got to play interior designer for a while and I had a $5,000 budget to buy all of the furniture and decor I want. A few days ago, I took the time to plan out exactly what I wanted my area to look like and I can't wait to put everything together.

Slipping my shoes back on, I logged out of my computer and started to text Eva to ask her if she wanted to go out to lunch with me.

But before I could click on her contact, a message from East popped up.

East:

I need u to get lunch for me and the team. We're in Studio 5.

Nigga can I get a please

Me:

Sure. What would you like?

East: