Chapter 36

Too Much Too Late

I swear I'd do things differently 

Earlier that day...

I held my tote bag close to me, as the key turned slowly in the door. Thankfully, there was no sound within the home, meaning Bri and Ne were still asleep.

I looked around swiftly for any evidence of the two, then turned to lock the door. With a sigh of relief I went up the wooden stairs on my toes and opened my bedroom door, only to find Bri sitting in my arm chair. Her long legs crossed and a sly smirk on her full lips.

"Ma'am it's eight o' clock the next morning, where you been?"

Getting my back blown out.

But I suppressed those words with a side smile and rolled my eyes.

"No where..." I tossed over my shoulder to go into my bathroom.

"You raggedy bitch!" She lept up from the chair and ran ahead of me. "You got some dick...from Dave! Didn't you?" She turned me around by my shoulders and examined my eyes before smiling widely. "Yes you did! Laya got some dick...Laya got some dick..." she sang and danced around the tiled floors.

"Girl would you shut up...before you wake Nene up and stop assuming shit." I chuckled.

"It ain't assuming if I'm right and I know I'm right because one - you're wearing the same clothes from yesterday, two - why are you sneaking into your own house, three - there's a big ass hickey on your neck, and four - you got a pimp walk with a limp." She listed off.

Damn, this girl.

She pursed her lips at me and cocked her head to the side while awaiting my answer.

"Yeah I got some dick." I whispered inaudibly.

"What?! I can't hear you!" Bri yelled, her hand cuffed behind her ear.

She was so dramatic.

Sighing heavily and relaxing my shoulders. I turned around from the sink to look at her. "I got some dick...damn! You happy now?!"

"Hell yeah I'm happy! The Laya and Dave saga just got a whole lot better." She laughed. "Wait...why you don't look happy? Don't tell me that nigga ain't did it right."

No that's definitely not it.

"Like you said Bri, the saga continues...and I just made it a whole 'lot more complicated." I leaned against  the bathroom vanity while she sat opposite me, on the edge of the tub. "I have to tell him tonight and I'm scared as shit. I take full responsibility for sleeping with him before telling him...but damn I don't know." I leaned back and held my head. "Everything was right, we were having fun and dancing then he asked if I wanted to go back to his room..."