Chapter 35

In the Morning

The sun rising while you moanin'

"Sleep Well.", and that I did.

Between Stitch and I, we had a whole snoring contest on the couch last night. I ended up curling up with a blanket next to him because it felt weird not having my daughter in my bedroom with me.

Dave surprised me last night. Hell, I surprised myself, with all that was admitted and revealed, one thing was for certain...I still loved him.

I woke up early to grab coffee from a small coffee shop, and was now balancing the hot cup between my thighs, while I tried to FaceTime my grandmother.

"Awww looka my baby

"Awww looka my baby. What's she eating?"

"That nasty green seaweed foolishness you packed for her." My grandmother criticized.

This lady would much rather give her cake at this hour.

"Anyway I gotta go. Delores from church just saw me and ine feel like talkin' to her."

I laughed at her seriousness, "Alright then b-". She hung up before I could say the word.

It was a good thing too, because seconds afterwards Dave and Jay walked in front of me to head into the coffee shop with Jasmine on their tales.

When he spotted me, he came came over before going in,

"Good morning." I smiled

"How you feeling?" Dave placed both of his hands ontop of the cart and peeked in below, effectively blocking one side.

"Better...thank you."

"Yeah?...that's good." he smiled in return.

"Yeah..." Like two high schoolers that's all we said back and forth until I reached on the side of me to give him his hoodie.

"Here, this is yours...it's washed." I handed him his folded hoodie.

He pushed my hand back towards me, "Nah you can keep it." He was being so sweet, I didn't know how to respond except to hang on to the piece of clothing.