-I Love You-

After the meeting, Emma settled down in her room and thought about what was said.

"So that's the plan..?"

She wanted to be apart of something big. Something that'll help her family. She wondered about the plan, whether it would work, if it goes smoothly, how long would it take? These thoughts circulated her mind, endlessly.

"I want to hurry and get my family to the human world. No matter what! I'll lead them through whatever it takes!"

Stuck deep in her thoughts, Ray's words echoed her in her mind.

"I just don't want you to get hurt!"

She knows he meant well, but that stung more painfully than her wounds. She didn't want to be seen as weak, or fragile, or something to protect. Ray was the last person she wanted to hear that from. Then slowly, her mind drifted to Anna.

"She was helping him cook, right? Yeah... I saw her there."

Emma looked to the ceiling. "He let her help." she said out loud. Her head throbbed in pain, still.

She let out a sigh as she closed her eyes, wandering deeper into her mind.

"I think I really hurt him back there. I can't believe I did that. I can't even control my emotions of sadness and anger! He was probably so confused.. Of course he probably sees Anna better than me."

She opened her eyes in shock, staring at the ceiling.

"What.? That's why I'm upset..? That's why I..."

She fought her tears the more she thought about Anna.
"Jealous of my own younger sister."
She squeezed her bed sheets.

"I'm pathetic. I really am pathetic."
She refused to cry. She pinched her leg to force her focus on her leg instead of her emotions.

"Sorry for hurting you, Ray.. I'm so sorry."

Her eyes drifted to the reflective ribbon woven into her hair.
She stared at it as her mind went blank.

"Sorry"
~~~

When it was time for dinner, Emma walked down to the dining hall. She awaited the arrival of her other family members as each of them came in one by one.

But when Ray came in, she avoided eye contact. He hesitantly took his usual seat next to her.
Then, the family began eating.

She noticed Ray trying not to look in her direction. His awkwardness was clearer than day. She felt bad for making him feel so uncomfortable. She didn't want to speak, but decided to force herself and atleast try.

"So.. did you hear about the plan?" She asked.
Initially, he looked at her to confirm that she was talking to him and then he replyed quietly.
"Um, no.. Not yet."
"Did Yuugo forget to explain it to you?" She asked.

She noticed her voice. It sounded so plain, uninterested... and mostly empty.

"Yeah, I guess he did."

Ray also sounded awkward. She could tell how hard he tried to act normal but he couldn't. She bit her lip as she thought about what to say next.

"Well.. want me to explain it to you later?"

She squeezed her spoon as she stared at the food infront of her.

"Huh? O-oh if you don't wanna..... you don't have to..!" His voice quivvered.

She didn't know what to say. She wanted to explain it, but she also didn't want to. All She really wanted was to talk to him.
Her patience with herself was running thin.