Epilogue

2 years later

*Destiny's P.O.V*

I woke up to the sound of little feet jumping on my bed. I turned around and saw that big smile I love waking up to every morning.

"Good morning baby." I cooed to Simone as I picked her up. She is so beautiful and she looks just like her father. She has my light brown skin tone, thick curly black hair but she defiantly has her father green eyes that sparkle.

"Are you hungry baby?" She just clapped her hands together. I swear I love this girl more than anything in the entire world. I sat her in the high chair and turned on the tv.

"El-oe! Mama el-oe!" This little girl is too funny.

"Yes baby it's Elmo." I went to the pantry to grab some oatmeal. When I was reaching for it I heard the doorbell ring. When I went to the door, I saw a letter laying on the ground. I picked up and it read Drew. I haven't heard or seen him since that night I got shot.

That night I went into labor and was close to bleeding to death. Thank God Mrs. Silvia was there otherwise I wouldn't have made it. Last thing I heard about Drew was that he was gone by time Rio and their boys got to the house. He didn't pack anything he just up and left without talking to anybody.

I looked at the letter and set it down on the counter. I just couldn't bring myself to read the letter because, whatever was inside it could change everything. I grabbed the oatmeal from off the counter and put in the microwave.

"You ready to eat mama." She just laughed and squirmed in her seat. When it was ready I grabbed it out the microwave and set it on the high hair.

"Ok be careful." As she was eating I scrolled through my phone looking at my Instagram when, my phone started ringing.

"Hello."

"Hey baby, how are you?"

"I'm good mama,how are you?"

"I'm good baby. When are you going to bring my granddaughter over to see me?" I looked over at Simone watching her play in her food.

"How about today, since we don't have anything planned?"

"Ok, I will see you soon."

"Love you." I said before hanging up the phone. I turned off the tv and picked her up while walking up the stairs.

"Let's get you all cleaned up." I ran the bath as I watched her play in the bubbles. About thirty minutes later, we were ready to go. She was wearing a blue jean dress with black gladiator shoes and her hair was in two twits. I decided to just put on a pink dolphin pull over, black leggings with pink and black nikes. I decided to just leave my hair curly since it was already wet. When we arrived at mama's she was already outside working in her garden. I got out the car and went to pick up Simone.

"Hey mama." Her face instantly lit up when she saw Simone.

"Oh my God, is that my baby?"

"Yes ma'am."I went up to her and she grabbed her out my arms. I couldn't help myself but to laugh at how happy they looked. I took my phone and took a picture of the two of them.

"Now don't you go snapping pictures of me."

"You look beautiful."

"Mhm, whatever little girl. Even though you aren't my daughter I will still whoop you like you are." I walked over to the lawn chair that was next to the table.

"Ok mama. Where's Mr. Carter?"

"You know where that man is, he's always at that damn golf club. I swear that man lives there." She said while bouncing Simone in her lap. "How have you been lately? You look good baby."

"I've been ok. I've been trying to keep myself busy, nothing too serious."

"That's good. Have you been talking to anyone lately." I knew what she was talking about but, I decided to play dumb.

"I been talking to you and Darcy lately. You know her and Rio are getting married soon."

"Now Destiny, I know you know what I'm talking about. I don't want no random men around my grandbaby."

"Nobody has been around her mama, I promise. I haven't talked to anybody on that level since Drew."

"I don't care if you date but, I just want you to be careful who you bring around her. I don't no one trying to take his place or try to playing daddy."

"I would never allow that."

"Ok baby I believe you." We spent the rest of the day there just talking. When it was about eight, I decided it was time to leave. As I pulled up into the driveway I was ready to go to bed. I picked up Simone and carried her inside the house. She was knocked out from the car. I guess I was going to have to bathe her in the morning. I walked over to the counter and saw the letter. Curiosity of what was inside was driving me crazy. I went into my bedroom and opened the letter.

Destiny,

I know you weren't expecting to hear from me but, I thought you deserve an explanation. That night you got shot, all I could think about were people coming after you and our daughter because of my decisions. So I did what I thought was best for my family and left. I'm not telling you where I am because, I want to keep you safe. There is never a moment when I'm not thinking about you. I love you ma. I want you to hold it down for our daughter and make sure she knows about me. I'm also giving you permission to go out there and find someone who can give you everything I can't. I love you enough to let you go because, I only want to see you happy. I love you baby girl.

Drew.

It killed me inside reading this note but, I'm not going to cry because I wasted too many tears on him. It's time finally grow up and just focus on my daughter and making sure she has everything she wants. It's finally time to start becoming the person I needed to be.

I hope you enjoyed my book because I enjoyed writting it. Thank to all the people who continued to read it even after all the misspelled words. I am going to update both the sequle, Look What You've Done so be on the look out. Please continue to read my books and thanks again for reading it. Also I want to wish everybody a happy Thanksgiving. As always I love yall!

Pharaohs_Love