Chapter 11: Tommy's Past Adventures

My name is Tommy Shant, you may have heard of my last accomplishments that I became the champion of the Johto Region.

I am currently eleven years old and have traveled to the Kalos Region, meeting awesome new Pokemon that isn't even native around here!

My partner Flycatcher is a fully evolved Greninja, who I got from my dad, even though he was meant for Michael...

Sorry bro!

And I have five others in my team, you'll learn about em soon enough.

Back when I reached ten when I first started my journey, I kinda felt bad leaving mom and Michael behind, but they insisted on letting me go.

When I caught my real first Pokemon, I was more focused on training Flycatcher to get stronger. That is until I came across a pretty determined one on Route 36, Vulpix!

I instantly fell in love with her, seeing how she fought Flycatcher with everything she got. At the time he was still a Froakie, but Flycatcher was more determined to win. I decided to name her Cinder, and she was cutely full of energy!

Did you know a Vulpix at the time of birth, it has just one tail? The tail splits from its tip as it grows older!

I thought that was a really cool fact.

My second Pokemon actually came shortly after, Kirlia!

Same route where I caught Cinder actually. I want to believe she is friends with Cinder before I caught her, funny thing is, she didn't want to fight but come along!

I decided on the name Leafta, which she proudly accepted.

One fact that I really liked about Kirlia is that it is highly perceptive of its Trainer's feelings. It dances when it is feeling happy.

And Leafta demonstrated that quite well actually! I think she really wanted to put on a show for Cinder, but we all seemed to enjoy it!

I won a couple badges from Falkner and Monataru, ready to move on to collect my other badges.

It wasn't too long when I ran into a strange trainer older than me. I encountered him on my way to Mount Mortar.

When I first met him, I noticed that he wore a dark green fisher hat that looked almost identical to dad's! Besides the fact that his face looked almost like dad's but younger, his hair was black with red hair tips all around every strand, wrapped in a ponytail with a blue hair band and his eyes sky blue. 

He wore a black rolled up long sleeve shirt with a big red Pokeball logo in the center and a dark red unbuttoned short sleeve over it.

When he wanted to battle, his Pignite seemed a little familiar, and Flycatcher could feel it too as if they knew each other.

That was the time Flycatcher managed to evolve into a Frogadier, almost as if he refused to loose!

The battle was tough, even though Flycatcher had the advantage, Pignite was making us run for our money, we barely won. 

When I asked for his name, he called himself Legend. I kind thought that was a cool nick name, still I couldn't wrap my head around why he seemed so familiar.

After my encounter with Trainer Legend, I moved on and eventually caught my third Pokemon and fourth party member, Gible!

Me and my party encountered him inside Mount Mortar when we decided to take a little lunch break.