Chapter Two

Callie:

I wake up by hearing someone screaming. I sit up and realize that I'm that person. I wipe my forehead expecting blood but all I feel is sweat. I kick the covers off and pad out to the tiny little kitchenette. I grab a glass I left on the counter and fill it to the rim with water. I drain it in seconds and set it back on the counter. I force myself to not think of the same old nightmare that I've had for three years now.

Suddenly my phone goes off, I swiftly grab it from the counter and Lexie's ringtone fills the void of silence.

"Heyyyy girl" She says in a high pitched voice

I cradle the phone with my shoulder and ear, "Nothing much, what's up?" I ask.

I hear some movement and she comes back on the phone outta breath, "Hey sorry, I was getting your gift. When are you moving into your new run down of a house?"

I sigh and check my calendar, I inherited an old Victorian house from my grandfather after he passed so Lexie agreed to help fix it up so I can move into it soon. I made it all clean and everything, I just need to pack my things and spend time moving everything.

She sighs and says with a sadness in her voice, "Well, it's almost time for me to go to work, I take it you'll be packing today?"

"Yup, I only got a few more boxes to go and we can bring it to the house tomorrow or so," I tell her.

She agrees with that then I put on some happy music and start packing the rest of my things so I can get a new start on my life after everything that happened.

I deserve that much.

                                                                                                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After hours of getting everything in the moving van, I shower and decide to go see Lexie and spend a few hours with her.

I dress in a tight tank top, skinny jeans, and short heels. Just a bit of makeup and perfume and I call it good.

A few hours after drinking and dancing in a nearby club, Lexie goes home and I am at the nearby station waiting for the bus. I feel the alcohol flowing through my veins and oh my gosh there is like a super hot guy right next to me and he's dressed in all black.

I wrap my light jacket around me and try to wave off the chills that keep coming. He glances my way and I pretend he isn't there. I bet he has tons of woman at his doorstep with the looks I manage to sneak from him.

Suddenly he's in front of with with a huge roll of money. He hands it to me and I take it. I look up at him and his eyes are a shocking ice blue that can burn through your soul.

"Would that be enough for you to last a few hours of fun?" I step back and anger now flows through me. How dare this random man come up to me asking for a night to just have sex with him? I throw the cash at his chest and tell him to go to hell.

He realizes I'm not like that and he grabs my arm. I can hear the bus down the road.

Only a minute til it gets here to pick me up and bring me home.

His low, dark voice makes me jump, "Wait, I'm sorry for that. Can we start over? My name is Trey Garter."

I see the bus just pulling up and I yank my arm from his grasp. I pull my jacket close to me and whisper my name.

Then I run to the bus and get as far as I can from Trey.