You're Always in My Head

Dennis felt a lot more relaxed since talking to Susan about his feelings for Davia. While he hadn't yet told Davia how he felt, it just felt good to get his thoughts out instead of letting them continue to fester inside his mind. It was also nice going to dinner and be able to just laugh and have a good time. Things between them had been so weird and awkward. Even once they were on good terms, most of the time he spent with her was either at his support group or seeing her around the Coterie after she'd arrived home from work. While it felt good to get things off his chest with Susan, he knew that he needed to talk to Davia soon.

Davia took off her jacket and shoes. It had been such a long day and this evening was definitely unexpected. While she knew she wanted to give Dennis the guitar, she felt so nervous about it. She thought it would be easier now that she knew how he felt, but that actually made her more nervous.

"I'll be right back, I'm gonna get a glass of wine." Davia said. She needed something to calm her nerves. While she did have some wine at dinner, it was just a glass and she barely felt it anymore.

"I'll take one, too if that's ok," Dennis replied. While he was trying not to drink, he was feeling tense.

Davia looked at Dennis for a moment with a sense of hesitation.

"I'm grieving, not an alcoholic, Davia," Dennis sarcastically stated.

"Ok, I'll be right back," Davia said with a chuckle.

Dennis deeply exhaled, feeling tense. He wasn't sure why Davia invited him in, but he knew he wanted to finally tell her how he felt. Just in the middle of that thought, there was a light knock on the door to Davia's loft. While it was mostly open, he couldn't tell who was there from where he was standing.

"Psst, Dennis!" Alice said, in a loud, conspicuous whisper.

She looked excited and Dennis looked at her perplexedly.

"So, how's it going?" Alice asked, attempting to casually lean against the door frame.

Dennis knew Alice and how she was seemingly trying to play cupid between him and Davia. She would make small comments and ask him how he felt about her.

"Everything's fine," Dennis laughed and smirked at Alice.

"Ok, well good," Alice awkwardly replied, smiling and nodding her head for just a little bit too long.

Dennis smirked and nodded at Alice, raising his eyebrows.

Alice patted the doorframe and slowly walking away, smiling at Dennis the entire time.

Davia was on her way back from the kitchen when she passed Alice, who widely smiled at her.

"Hey!" Alice said, winking at Davia.

Davia widened her eyes and quickly shook her head at Alice with a small smirk on her face. She hoped Alice didn't say anything weird or awkward to Dennis. Knowing Alice, she probably did and all Davia could do at that point was laugh to herself.

"Where's the wine?" Dennis asked, looking at Davia with two empty wine glasses and a corkscrew.

"Oh, I don't keep any wine in the kitchen. You know someone would take it, even if my name was on it," Davia answered.

"Yea, this is the Coterie, after all," Dennis said with a chuckle.

Davia took out a bottle of wine from her closet and opened it, pouring some for herself and Dennis.