In Good Trouble

Dennis sat there, in complete disbelief he finally told Davia he loved her. While it seemed like four easy words to string together out loud, it felt nearly impossible to actually say to her. Dennis previously wondered to himself why it felt so overwhelming to tell Davia how he felt. He didn't know if she shared the same feelings, but he sensed she loved him, too. He remembered when she came to his loft to say there was something she needed to tell him; he sensed that "something" was likely to tell him she had feelings for him. He was so upset on that particular day after overhearing the confrontation between her and Jeff that he immediately shut her down.

He regretted lying to her about Jennifer, but he was so fueled with jealousy in that moment. He wanted to hurt her as much as she hurt him by lying about when she broke up with Jeff. If he really loved Davia, wouldn't he just want to tell her? He knew he was in love with her; there was no question about it. Ultimately, it seemed that his feelings for her were so strong that it scared him; because of this it made him feel overwhelmed whenever he thought about how to tell her.

Dennis continued looking into Davia's eyes, searching for some type of answer from her. It had only been a couple of seconds since he told her, but it felt like two minutes. She looked at him, eyebrows furrowed, and tears beginning to run down her face. While he previously felt confident that she reciprocated his feelings, he now felt so incredibly vulnerable and it reminded him about why it had been so hard to tell her. Putting himself out there wasn't easy for him and it was even scarier when he had feelings that were both very strong and real.

While Davia appeared to have some type of emotional reaction to what Dennis told her, she hadn't yet said anything. Davia sat, fidgeting with her hands, intermittently looking down and then back at him. Before he could second-guess himself, Dennis leaned in and kissed her with a sense of urgency; the sexual tension between them had built up so much over time that it felt like feeding a primal type of hunger.

Davia reciprocated his kiss and leaned in, taking his face into her hands. Her breath escaped her, and it felt like there was electricity running through her body. Dennis firmly gripped her wrist and kissed her neck down to her collarbone. Davia lightly gasped and wrapped her arms around his neck, lifting one leg over his lap. He pulled her toward him and wrapped his hands around her waist. She suddenly pulled away just a little bit so she could look Dennis in the eye.

DAVIA: I love you, too.

This was good to hear; Dennis wasn't doubting that she felt the same way, but this confirmed it. He smiled at her and pulled her back toward him. Davia sighed as she gripped his shoulders, planting light kisses up his neck until she reached his jawbone, and then traveled back to his mouth. Dennis knew where this was headed. While he wanted that so badly, he knew the responsible choice was to take things slowly. This wasn't all about sex; he loved Davia and thought it would be best if they took their time. He was trying to think clearly but couldn't help but react to her touch.

DENNIS: I want you...

He managed to get just that out, as Davia began to slide his sweatshirt off his shoulders.

He kissed her back, struggling not to give into his desire for her. She pressed her hand into his chest and looked deeply into his eyes. While Davia knew she wanted him, she didn't want to rush into things. Dennis gently pulled back from their kiss and slowly blinked as he looked her in the eyes. He sighed and put one hand up to her cheek.

DENNIS: I want this, I really do. But I think —

DAVIA: We should take it slow.

DENNIS: Yea...I just don't want to screw this up.

DAVIA: You're right, I'm sorry if I came on too strongly...