~chapter 40

Nine months,

His hand securely wrapped around her stomach as he read the book out loud. He looks down in between and smiles widely finding her fallen sleep.

He closed the book and placed it on the side table. He bends down pecking her forehead and soft caressed her hair. He placed her head on the pillow and covers her with duvet.

He climbs down the bed and walks to balcony. He stood there by holding the against railing. He looks at the view as the cold breeze touched his skins.

He smiles taking his phone out and going through his gallery. He smiles looking at one particular picture. He traced the picture and smiles wildly wondering how far have they come.

He stood there thinking about his life when he didn't notice when his wife comes there and stood beside him placing a hand on his shoulder.

He comes out of trance when he heard her soft voice. He tilts his head around and looks at her with a smile playing on his lips.  He turns around and cupping her face placed a kiss on forehead then bending on knees he looks at her stomach and gently kissed it.

He looks up resting his hand on her stomach and softly caressed it while mumbling something under his breath. She smiles looking at him and ran her fingers into his hair.

He smiles looking at her. He stood up and cupping her face placed another kiss on her forehead. She also smiles leaning onto his shoulder. He pats her hair.

Avni: why did you leave me alone in the bed? I missed you there.

Neil: I'm sorry Jaan. You were sleeping and I didn't wanted to disturb you. I came out to get some fresh air. Why did you wake up? You look so tired. Do you want to sleep again?

Avni : no! I can't sleep without hugging you Neil. I don't feel like resting. Can we please go out after dinner? Like on a beach or long drive? I miss lot going out.

Neil : absolutely Jaan! We definitely can go out. How about you change then after dinner we will go it? I'll also change myself.

She nodded his head and lifting her face pecks his lips making him smile. She moves back only to be pulled back by him. He smirks rubbing his finger against her lips then bending down little smashed his lips against hers. He broke the kiss and smiles looking at her.

He holds her hand and drags her back inside the room. Neil opens the closet and picks attire out of them. He looks at her who struggles reaching to her zip. He smiles and stood behind her opening the zip and handing the dress to her.

She smiles and blinking her eyes at him she took the dress and got changed while he took his moving towards the washroom.

He comes out of washroom ruffling his hair and looks confused finding his wife who stood front the mirror holding the dress in her hand. He shook his head recalling how she feels insecure about her body. He sighs as he took a step walking towards her.

He keeping a hand on her shoulder turns her around. He tilts her chin up making her into his eyes. He cup her face and wipes those tears off.

Neil : how many times do I have tell you Jaan? You're beautiful the way you are. You don't need to be insecure about your body or appearance. I love you the way you are. It really doesn't matter how you look Jaan. You're beautiful in your own way.

Avni : I feel so fat Neil. Look at my stomach. Even this dress seems good on me.

Neil sighs and pecks her forehead.

Neil : what did I tell you before about this Jaan? You're not fat but you're carrying our babies. Every women goes through this phase Jaan. You're absolutely gorgeous Jaan. It really doesn't bother if the dress fit you. We brought so many clothes. How about you pick something out from my closet? You might want wear my hoodie with leggings . Do you want to wear that? You will feel much comfortable in that.