Chapter 2

{HARRY'S P.O.V}

“Sorry, I-I have to go.” I get up and leave

“No wait! HARRY!” She shouts

Such a nice thing to do Harry, now she'll think I hate her. But the thing is that I just remembered that my mother is coming back to London after 3 months away for work. Good thing I left this stupid party without anyone realizing.

Except Sydney.

I get out my phone to text mum.

To: Mum 
“Text me when you're here. Love you .xx”

I put my phone back to my pocket and turn my car on. This is going to take almost half an hour but Mum’s worth it.

*                           *                          *

I decide to check my phone, in the airport's parking, still in my car. 

From: Mum
“I'm here son. Where are you?
                                        15 mins ago 

Shit, why should I be late for this?

I get out as fast as I can and as I enter the airport, I bumped into a woman.

“Ou- Harry!” She screams.

“Mum? Oh god I missed you so much!” I hug her tightly as we both laugh.

“I missed you too. Let's leave the talk about this later” She laughs as we walk to the car.

I open the passenger door and take her bag. 

{SYDNEY'S P.O.V}

“SHE LOOKS SO PERFECT STANDING THERE, IN MY AMERICAN APPAREL UNDERWEAR, AND I KNOW NOW, THAT I'M SO DOWN!” Maddie and Finn sing along with the loud song bursting from the speakers.

I can’t believe they’re not tired yet.

“Could you just turn down the freaking mp3 player?” I ask, angry. 

“Oh hell no, you are actually going to dance with us!” She shouts as she turns to me.

I swear I'd rather to walk for 2 hours to home than being with her being drunk and out of life. I should consider starting to take driving lessons.

*                      *                     *                      *                    *

“Here we are.” Maddie said as she pulls over in front of my house. “No goodbyes for me, bitch?” She laughs.

“Later loser, not tonight.” I laugh as I get out the car and close the door behind me. 

Home, sweet home. These heels are killing me, I’m just going to take them off.

“Mum, I'm home.” Oh yeah I forgot, it's 3 AM, she’s probably sleeping right now. 

I went to my room, took off my jacket, let down my hair, zip down my dress, remove all the make-up of my face, and last but not least, I get into my bed. 

Don't judge me, I sleep earlier than this on weekends, but today isn’t even a weekend but here I am, sleeping at 3 AM. I bet I’ll be late for work tomorrow. 

{HARRY'S P.O.V}

“It wasn't my fault that I hit him, he used to piss me off first.” Gemma laughs as she talks about our old days with mum, when we were kids and I kept teasing her for having more goals in the football game more than her, man, these were the days.

“Tea or coffee?” I shout from the kitchen, I can’t believe it’s 3 AM and they’re still in the mood for tea.

“Coffee.” Gemma replies simply. 

“I’ll just have a cup of tea.” Mom says.

It seems we'll be up 'till the morning. I’m just going to have some water. I hate preparing tea and coffee, I do it every day. but I’m a barista at Starbucks, yeah it’s your dream job to get free Pumpkin Spice Latte every day but it gets boring. If I hadn’t dated Sally, I would have been working in a normal business company. 

I had my chance to get a job, but Sally lied, she told me we’re going to have a new and better life in Manchester, and I bought it, so I went to Manchester with her, we were both trying our hardest to get a job, but we both failed. One day she found a job, but she actually just slept with the director of that company. So we just broke up and I started my job at Starbucks in London.

Yeah Harry, you’re dumb enough to think about what happened 4 years ago...

 “Your tea mom, and Gemma, your coffee.” I say, handing them their drinks and sitting beside them.

“and Harry, how's your therapy going?” 

Does she really have to bring this up?