Chapter 1

{Sydney's P.O.V}

"Sydney Floyd! Why aren't you having fun?" Finn walked to me, he seems drunk.

"You know I'm not enjoying this party." I'm trying to chill. This party is totally crappy. 

"You're not leaving before midnight." He takes a sip of his drink and leaves to continue dancing with his girlfriend, Maddie. 

It’s New Year’s eve; oh my god such a big deal. That’s how you end up when you accept going to a party your friend invited you to. I guess I’m the only person who isn’t dancing and having fun.

I look around, and my eyes catch a good looking smilar guy, sitting alone and sipping his drink. I never was so social, but boredom took over me. I guess I’ll talk to him for a while.

"Hi." I approach to his table and wave

"Hey.” He calmly says smiling "Let me guess who invited you, Finn, right?” He says as I take a seat beside him. 

"Yeah, how did you know?" I ask smiling

“Finn’s friends are chill, Maddie’s friends are popular persons. You seem chill.” He replies smirking showing his dimple, his accent is similar too

“Which side are you?” I question him

“Both.” He answers. “I was the person who got them both together.”

“You’re magical Harry?” I laugh. “Whenever he goes on a date with her, he blames you.”

“What? Why?” He laughs as well.

“He gets so nervous about it.” I say, calming down my laughter.

“He used to get so nervous when they were friends.” He smirks.

“THE COUNT DOWN IS STARTING IN A FEW MINUTES” A dude shouted, cutting everyone’s actions, including Harry and I’s conversation.

“Here it goes again.” I roll my eyes as Harry laughs.

All the couples start counting down from 10

“HAPPY NEW YEAR!” Everyone shouts

and there's me, watching people living the life! That’s what happens when you’re single. But I like the fact I dont have a boyfriend, know what I mean? freedom. I turned to Harry after the making out scene finished, he seems kind of lost, you know, lost in his thoughts

“Harry?” I cut his thoughts as he looks at me.

“Sorry, I-I have to go.” He gets up and leaves quikly, didnt even said 'goodbye', what?

-

“Finn can I go home now?” I ask, clingy.

“I am spending the night in here, with Maddie. I can call you one of my friends to pick you up if you want.” He apologizes.

“No, it’s okay.” I lie. I hope this night ends good, I thought to myself and suddenly my phone buzzed

From: Veronica 
Hey sweetie, are you having fun?

Pfffff , the two faced bitch step-mother.

To: Veronica
Yeah, thanks mum :)

and I put my phone back, wow she cares now.