~ Author's Note ~

Hello all -

On March 16, 2020, I posted the first two episodes of Dorky Green Eyes, an old story of a wishy-washy nobody who, in the process of surviving high school, inadvertently falls in love with the boy with green eyes.

STORYTIME -
My first project after a half-decade long period of intense writer's block (ending in 2013), I started writing about Adrian and ran with it. The first draft was 35 pages long, and was the first of a three-part story focusing on different couples (SPOILER ALERT: the other two are kinda bad). Adrian's arc ended with him crawling into bed after being asked out.

With a beginning riddled with coming-of-age clichés, I came back to it half a year later and asked, "Why does it have to end there?" So I wrote their first date.

Immediately after writing it, I realized I hadn't seen a love story that followed the same two people over their lives, watching as their love changed from, say, a burning fire to smoldering embers. I wanted a story like that. There wasn't one I could find.

So I wrote about Adrian and Ryan off and on for three years, adding little snippets of their lives and the realities that come from being in a long-term relationship.

Much of what I want to be known for ended up in this - the importance of a realistic timeline, the groundedness of both the characters and the story (even if the beginning isn't), the ever-present harshness of reality, the development of the "good ending" rather than a "happily ever after", and the characters leading the story rather than the other way around.

END STORYTIME

I seriously can't thank everyone enough for their reading this. This story would not be where it is without people like you.

Thank you all so much for following Adrian and his dork with green eyes grow up from being smol high schoolers to (almost) being married with kids. Love's no easy journey, but it's one that's worth it.

And with that, thank you all (again, for the third time) for following, comment, and liking Dorky Green Eyes!

Gratefully yours,
writerkid101