Chapter One

Chloe's POV

I wake to the sound of my alarm clock beeping and quickly punch the SNOOZE button. Today was going to be a long day. Groaning, I sat up and rolled off my bed like a zombie. I devoured breakfast and pulled my curly blonde hair into a high pony. I never wore makeup to dance, it just seemed to make me look even uglier. Now, what to wear? I eventually decide on a hot pink sports bra and black booty shorts. I throw on my ALDC sweatshirt over top and check myself out. Suddenly, my mom screams from upstairs to get in the car for pyramid. I sigh and hop into our 2012 black Chevy. Hugging my knees to my chest, I decide to text some friends while I wait for Christi. It takes me a while to find the contact I'm looking for, but when I do a big grin lights up my face. 

Maddie <3

                                                                                              ....

Chloe: HEY WAKE UP YOU SLEEPING GIANT 

Maddie: *sends upside-down smiley face* 

Maddie: Oh aha I see what u did there

I send an ugly pic of myself:

Chloe: yeah ikr aren't I the best and not cringe at all? 

Maddie: In your dreams Chlo

Chloe: ya ok says the one who still sleeps w/ Mister Snuggles

Maddie: HEY! I've cut it down to 2 days a week FYI

Chloe: sure 'bout that?

Maddie: *sends upside-down clown face*

                          Maddie's POV

There it is. That feeling again. It's so intense I can't ignore it. I keep thinking about her the whole drive to ALDC Pittsburgh. Her. 

Chloe. 

I've always had a little crush on her ever since I was eight. Now here I was, a teen, and still couldn't shake my feelings for her. I tucked some of my almond colored hair behind my ear as I stared out the window, pondering my options. Why did she have to be so cute all the time? Even when she was just laying in her bed?? Even if the feeling was mutual, Miss Abby would never allow- 

"MADDIE", a loud shout cut through my train of thought like a knife. I jumped and looked over at my younger sister, Mackenzie. "What?" I queried. The car was quickly filled with the gleeful giggles of a sister who scared the crap out of me. "Dunno. You've just been ignoring me the whole way here..." she says, giving me a side eye. "Fine. You want me to talk? MOooOm Kenzie stole my airpods again!" I whined in a sing- songy voice. My little sister's eyes widened. "When you said talk I didn't think-" Melissa's trained death stare cut her off. "Girls enough! How old are you two again? I keep forgetting because you still act like two 4-year olds." I hated when my mom got in a condescending mood like this. "Just behave yourselves until we get to the studio or I'm taking both of your phones away." Whatever. Kenzie's just being a brat right now, she probably wants the attention. 

I needed to stop gushing over Chloe or our friendship could be affected. 

Camryn's POV:

After enjoying a peaceful ride to the ALDC I start stretching in studio room A when I spot Nia hustling towards me. She looked upset. Her forehead was wrinkled and her lips were pursed. I patted the ground next to me and offered a sympathetic smile. 

"What's wrong Nia?", I asked.

She looked at me, then looked down at her lap, as if deciding something.

She looked back at me and said "Remember..." Her voice hitched and she stumbled to her feet and sprinted out of the room, tears beginning to spill down her cheeks. 

I was mildly concerned for her, but on the other hand it wasn't my problem. I resolved to keep stretching. Whatever was plaguing Nia was probably something minor, like maybe about being at the bottom of pyramid. 

Author's Note:

Yeah this chapter was a bit all over the place sorry! I just wanted to set the tone and mood for the book going forward. Things will pick up at around chapter three or four b/c introducing the characters and story takes some time. I also need you, the reader, to gain some attachment to the characters before real conflict starts to happen. Other than Claddie, are there any other relationships you would like me to pursue? This book has a lot of potential and I am so excited to continue!