Chapter 1

"One large black coffee for Ethan?" I hear the barista call my name. I close my laptop and go up to grab my drink. "Thanks." I thank her while she gives me a warm smile. I smile back and make my way to where I was sitting. I open my laptop once again and got back to work on the essay I have due later today.

I have about finished the dreadful assignment when I hear the loud voice of my flatmate echo through the room. "Hey Ethan! How's it hanging?" He screams. "Pretty good! How are you?" I reply loudly. He smiles, spotting me in the cafe. He walks over and sits at the other side of the table. "You still aren't finished with that? Mr Smith's class is in less than an hour and he gave us 2 weeks to do that ELA essay."

"I know, I just...I. I lost track of time."

"Yeah yeah yeah. Save your excuses for the prof. Anyway, my friends and I are going to get totally shitfaced this weekend and we need a DD. Are you able to help us out?"

"I'm not helping after what you and your drunk friends did to my car the last weekend I was DD."

"AW! Come on man! So Kyle pissed in the cup holder. It's not like he would do it again."

"My car smelled like that for a WEEK! I had a date with Olive the next day and I had to call it off due to the smell! Call an Uber or something"

"Alright, alright. Speaking of Olive, how is she after the incident?"

"She still isn't herself. I know what it's like...But let's not get into that."

I gather my stuff. John and I walk out of the cafe. We go our separate ways after that. Once I reach my car, I decide to ask Olive to hang out during lunch.

"Wanna grab some lunch later?"

"Yeah I'm down. Where do you want to meet?"

"How about down by the cafe and we'll head off from there."

"OK, sounds good."

Sweet! Let me just put a reminder in my phone. I set a reminder and check the time...

7:32.

"SHIT!" I'm late for Mr. Smiths ELA class!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N

Thanks for reading! Olives POV is written by my good friend Outer_Cyrus. Don't be afraid to go check it out! please vote and comment ideas. Have a good day.