7.

"Leaving home while you're grounded, not answering your calls, going out with a complete stranger!" My mother called out while she counted on her fingers. She was clearly angry and worried last night because Joe told her everything and also made some bits up.

Joe was luckily at work now so I could calmly talk with my mom about certain things and tell her everything. But I couldn't since she kept yelling at me.

I sometimes thought that my mom became this stressed and wrecked because of my father's death. It's been years since but we still miss him everyday. At least I do.

Mom sat down beside me on the couch and buried her head in her hands. She let out a few sobs and I couldn't help but feel bad for her.

"I just don't know it anymore" She sobbed while whipping away some tears who'd fallen. "Joe and I had another argument last night" she started while I started to cringe up when she said his name

"But I can't tell you much about it. Just try to behave yourself" She informed and stood up, stretching her arms. "Well, don't start than" I shot back while she made me curious about what they argued about.

"You're gonna sit here crying while I can't have a single conversation with you? And guess because of who" I shot again and grabbed my phone, texting Luke I was nearing his house.

"Where are you going?" My mother asked me worriedly while following me to the front door. "Does it ever bothers you?"

"Of course it does! Look Rose, I want nothing but you to be my child. My Rose" She said and I sighed out,

"You may think I'm yours but I'll always be daddy's little girl"

I wanted to leave but I didn't. I had to talk with her, or else I would only make it worse.

I turned around and walked over to her while taking my coat off.

"There are a few things I haven't told you" I started and breathed out,

"Well there's a guy named Luke and he is very funny and sweet and we met a couple weeks ago or so. Anyways, I thought maybe I could tell you this" I said awkwardly. My mom looked up and a smile appeared on her face,

"Love! You are in love!" She said and pointed at my cheeks. I didn't know I was blushing, but I did know that I wasn't in love with him. Not yet.

"No.. Well I don't know. But I'd like to go clubbing tonight, and he can come with me. Please mom?"

I saw doubts filling her eyes and she bit her lip.

"Okay, good. You can, but let me know where you are"

I nodded and gave her a hug while thanking her.

"When will you bring Luke here?" She then asked with a cheeky grin on her lips. "Soon" I replied and left.

-

"My mom wants to meet you, you know" I giggled and looked up at Luke who smiled,

"You told her about me?"

"Yeah.." I looked at my feet who were in the water, so were Luke's. It wasn't so cold today. We laid down and started talking about random things.

"Well have you told your mom about me?" I then asked, not knowing if I should or not. "Yes" He said,

"Yes I did"

"And what did you say to her?" I became more curious and sat up.

"That you're the worst person I've ever met and that you deal drugs"