He is a pain but so am I

Monday 6:00 A.M.

"Chuuya~ we have to go to work," Dazai said hovering over Chuuya's sleeping body. "Chibi~," Dazai said as Chuuya fluttered his eyes open. To Chuuya it was a beautiful sight being woken up to Dazai, though beauty was a horrid pain just like Dazai was.

"Shut up," Chuuya said turning to his side, "Damn Mackerel," Chuuya muttered. He just wanted to be left alone, Dazai was always invading his much-needed privacy.

"Oh well. Guess I'll just have to go to work alone." Dazai said walking away. Chuuya was ecstatic. Dazai was finally going to leave Chuuya alone. Chuuya could finally have his much needed Chuuya time. "Ooo~ this is the beautiful hat that the hat rack is always wearing. Maybe I should-," Dazai was cut off by a slap in the face.

"No way will I let the stupid waste-of-bandages take my precious hat," Chuuya said angrily as he snatched the hat off the hat rack and went to go get ready. Just as he had planned, Chuuya was out of bed and completely frustrated. Chuuya took as long as possible getting ready. He knew it would piss Dazai off, Dazai hated being late because Chuuya was mad at him.

Monday 7:30 A.M.

When they finally arrived at headquarters, there was nothing for them to do. This made Chuuya even more pissed.

"You made me get up for nothing! Did you want me to hop off the roof of the headquarters with you or something this morning?!" Chuuya said angrily as Dazai giggled.

"Nope, I just wanted to make you all frustrated," Dazai said as Chuuya angrily plopped down in a chair across from Dazai.

"Then what do we do? You dragged me over here for nothing." Chuuya said crossing his arms.

"Why don't we go soulmate hunting?" Dazai said while Chuuya sighed. Soulmate hunting, it was something they did every other day. Chuuya stood up and grabbed Dazai by the wrist.

"Let's just hurry up before the boss gives us a job then." Dazai smiled happily at these words. He loved soulmate hunting with Chuuya. They both had a small hope that their soulmate would show up so they both went around searching for a few hours before giving in.

Wandering around in the city of Yokohama, it was a beautiful day. Chuuya and Dazai enjoyed soulmate hunting together. It was as they both knew exactly the pain the other was in. They never pitied each other, or themselves as many others did. Whenever they went soulmate hunting and asked a beautiful woman their name, they told them and then was asked to explain why they were asking. Once they finished the explanation the woman usually told them that they already had a soulmate and wished them the best. You could hear the pity in their voices which riled both Dazai and Chuuya up. So they moved to next, and the pitiful cycle continued

Monday 5:00 P.M.

Finally, after countless hours they both gave in and headed back to their small apartment the Port Mafia provided. Chuuya sat down on his futon, while Dazai sat across from him.

"Another day without a soulmate," Chuuya said with a sigh as he laid back.

"Well, I didn't have my hopes up to high today," Dazai said as Chuuya nodded slightly, "I still have my offer if you've given up."

"I'll wait a bit longer Dazai," Chuuya said with a bit of hope in his voice. Though he knew that hope would never come. He knew that he was still holding himself back. He trusted Dazai, he hated Dazai, he may have even loved him. Though he would never say, and he would never take that offer. He didn't want a soulmate that wasn't his real one. Even if his unknown love was sitting right there. After a bit more of chatting they both fell asleep early. In two distant dreams, one of their unknown soulmate and the other of their partner.

To Be Continuted

____________________________________________________________

A/N

That is it for chapter one, sorry it's a bit short. I will post this weekly(Every sunday). Today I will also post chapter two since that is done already as well, I hope you all enjoy this story!