Chapter 5

The suspense is fucking with my heart, that is fucking with my mind. No matter what I do, my heart hurts more than my mind can handle. I wish I was as easily entertained as Elizah and Nick were, their amusement with a long tied piece of string that they found in Brooklyn's old room back in Hawaii. The thought of her still made my heart pound uncomfortably harder and I only thought about how she's the reason why it hurts and the only one that can heal it.

"OH! OH! OH! Do you remember "Witches Broom?!" Elizah shouted in Nicks face.

His squinty eye laughed at her before reaching over and taking a hit from their blunt, "Fuck, E. I don't think I do. Google it." He takes a long hit.

"MM!" She hums with the blunt between her lips before inhaling, "Like this!" She gets the string and begins turning it in weird directions till she finally made a witches broom with the string.

"Holy shit, it's a fuckin broom." He sounds so shocked. "Now do the 'Jacob's Ladder' one!"

She giggles, "Help me out." She looks over to me, "Magoonz you want this?" She raises the blunt to me. The strong potent aroma made my mouth water even while I was in a deep funk.

I took a deep breath and exhale before deciding to reach forward and grab the potent Gorilla Glue wrapped in a blueberry swisher sweet before taking a long hit from the pinch between my thumb and index finger.  The heavy smoke coated my lungs, burning it that made me choke. I cough so hard, I could feel my chest tightening up that took my mind off the emotional pain for a little while. "I'm leaving in a few weeks." I make mention to both of them concentrating on a new string design.

Elizah sighs, "It's gonna be weird not having you around. I was getting use to you coming over all the time." She concentrates on the string puzzle of recreating something new as Nick grabbed two crossed strings while Elizah held the pattern and he pulls them below and makes a new puzzle. "You should hook us up with some tickets and I swear we'll give you a great deal at BEN's." She smiles.

Nick gasps taking his eyes off of what he was doing, "Please give me backstage passes to meet Cardi B." Elizah scoffs at him with big eyes, "Oh sorry. I meant, give US tickets." He gestured to Elizah and hisself.

I pondered on the thought for a moment, it sucks that this is happening right now when I know Brooklyn loves Cardi B. and would love to meet her. "Let me think about it guys. I don't know how Brooklyn would feel about you seeing Cardi without her."

Both of them threw the string down and smacked their lips in unison as Elizah leaned forward towards me, "Okay, not to come off as a bitch towards my best friend, God knows I love her, but this was her choice. Don't punish us because she's taking time off."

"Besides, we were your friends first, Bruno." Nick jokes as he raises an eyebrow. Both of their eyes fixed on me that brought back many memories of these types of scenarios back when we were kids.

I sigh just thinking of having them around for a little bit longer would be nice and for once it's nice not being on Nick's bad side for once, while Brooklyn and I are currently separated. "Alright, let me see what I can do." They both jump up and scream in excitement as I sat back and took another long hit from the blunt as it made the pain comfortably numb.

After smoking with Elizah and Nick, I got ahold of the guys for a practice for the tour. My mind was still in the high clouds, but the dancing took me to a whole new place that brought me to a level of a most peace. I wipe the sweat from my brow before taking a drink of water as Phil walked past me and sits on the floor and sighs heavily, "Man you're gonna kill me," he laughs, "what's going on in that big head of yours?" He asks while twisting the top of his water bottle before drinking.