Steps

"So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you." 
― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

The boat sailed on his way home, making little waves around it. Lily was wrapped on a blanket and staring at the horizon in the direction where supposedly land was. In a few hours, they would be back to their normal lives and everything would be as if nothing happened right? Wrong! Her body and her heart didn't let her think like that.

She looked to the front where Jinki, now back to being Onew was being pampered by a couple of nurses. They did care about Lily too and gave her medicine to her fever that worked making her mind clear again and unfortunately making her more conscious of the fact that her relationship, if she could call it that, was over.

Her body still remembered his touch, and the after-effects of the night before were still marked on her but since they entered the boat she tried to avoid talking with Jinki, not that he once showed intention to talk with her too.

His eyes moved from the nurse next to him to her, a gentle smile on his lips when he noticed her watching him. But Lily looked elsewhere instead, making him confused. Did he do something to upset her?! Lily was acting so weird since they entered the boat as if she didn't know him as if they didn't share an intimate moment on the island.

Jinki would never forget it. The way she moaned his name, her skin against his skin, the taste of her lips...Just thinking about it made him crazy to hug her, but he couldn't. Not in front of everyone. He didn't want rumors to start and harm her and her family.

They needed to be careful now. They weren't on an island alone. All eyes were set on them.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Lily stared at the ceiling. They gave her a room of one of the crew and she tried to close her eyes and sleep. In three hours they would arrive at the port and a lot of reporters would be there waiting for them. Jinki was in a different room, probably one with more conditions than her, since he was a star and she was nobody. Her leg pain disappeared with the pain killers and she was at least thankful for that. Unfortunately, the pain on her chest wasn't going away and she tried really hard to fight the tears that wanted to fall from her eyes.

Lily wanted to regret it but she couldn't. She loved every moment of it, every touch, every kiss, his scent...How could she regret something that made her so happy?!

A gentle knock on her door take her from the numbness she was in.

Lily knew that it was him so she told Jinki to enter.

He opened the door slowly and entered the room sitting by her side in bed.

"I'm sorry! Since we got rescued things were crazy and I couldn't ask you...How are you feeling?"

"My leg doesn't hurt anymore and my fever is gone." She said sitting up too.

He swallowed watching her and she realized what he truly meant by asking her if she was ok. It was not only the wounds but something else besides that. He was being sweet since he worried about that.

"I'm ok!" It still hurt a little, but it was normal since she was a virgin.

"I'm glad!" He said placing his hand near hers clearly wanting to hold it but she didn't move.

"Thank you! If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have survived!" Lily thanked him from the bottom of her heart. He saved her in every way. "And for everything else too!" They both knew what those words meant.