Aside

"We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love."

Robert Fulghum, True Love

Taemin entered the kitchen of his parents' house dragging his worn-out black converse sneakers. It was already five in the morning and he tried to be as quiet as possible to not wake up anyone. Taemin spent the day at the dorm with the other members drinking and crying. That was their routine lately, ever since Onew disappeared. Another two weeks passed and no sign of his hyung. Everyone was losing hope. Onew's parents were a total mess.

Kindly Taemin's parents let them stay with them after the media found out the hotel where they were resting. Losing a son and being harassed by the media is enough to make someone fall into a depression.

With time the media attention on the subject started to diminish; also because a famous actor was discovered to be a fateful customer of a "special massage shop"; but the invitation to stay by Taemin's parents remained until Onew was rescued.

It was a really generous offer since that day could never come, but everyone was praying for a miracle, and parents never give up on their sons.

Last week Jonghyun and Taemin decided to visit the house of the girl that also disappeared. They were surprised to know how poor they were. Lily, the girl who also was lost at the sea, was the one supporting them and her mother was crying not knowing what they would do with their life if she didn't come back.

However the Money was the last thing in their mind, they wanted their daughter back. She was so much more important than all the wealth in the world.

Lily's father was a very sick man, he couldn't get out from his bed to greet them, and his younger daughter, only a middle school girl, was taking care of him.

When they got back home, Jonghyun and Taemin talked with the others and decided to help the family. That was the right thing to do. No one knew if Lily was still alive and if she would come back and that family had no way of surviving alone.

Even if they couldn't save them from a broken heart, they would save them from starving.

Taemin walked to the end of the small straight kitchen and looked outside the window. He was still a little nauseated from all the alcohol he drank and didn't want to go to bed yet. The light from the street outside illuminated the dark kitchen and he stared at the wall beside the fridge.

A calendar was on the wall and all the special dates for his family were marked on it, but he couldn't see the anniversaries or special holidays, he only could see that three weeks passed since Lee Jinki was lost in the sea.

Three weeks since SHINee was lost without their leader and friend.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Jinki stretched his arms lazily looking at the fire in front of him. His eyes would move once in a while to Lily, which was on his left side, who always sent him a sweet smile in return.

She was playing with her hair, curling it with her fingers, while she looked at the beautiful shells she spent all morning collecting at the beach.

Jinki sighed his heart heavy with feels. She was so astonishingly beautiful and he couldn't stop looking at her. He couldn't even explain what he felt. It was such a weird thing. His chest actually hurt every time he looked at her but it wasn't painful, it was more like an ache, an ache for her.