Chapter 15

I stayed silent and studied my Fated. Relief filled my body because I hadn't wanted them to know, especially his father, because I had a feeling he would try something if he knew that we were together. "Is that your power?" I asked.

Xander nodded. He grabbed onto me tighter, and I could tell that he was a bit worried that I would leave. Still, his eyes had that hard green look in them, and I hated it. "Memory Manipulation is one thing that I can do," he said hesitantly. He cleared his throat and licked his lips, pulling my gaze to them before I looked at him again. "I can control one's emotions and make them feel a different way."

I slowly nodded and studied him, and he looked down, unable to meet my gaze any longer. "You used that on me," I said. My voice wasn't accusing nor mad, for I was stating facts.

Xander hesitated but nodded. "I did," he confirmed. He cleared his throat and shifted on the floor to get comfortable. His whole body grew slightly relaxed when I didn't leave his lap, and I could tell that he was happy that I wasn't mad at him. "I also helped you put the block back up."

"Is that why I can't hear anyone's thoughts?" I asked, and he nodded. I bit back a sigh of relief and hugged him, and he grew stiff before he hugged me back, burying his face into my hair and relaxed. "Thank you," I said, my voice barely above a whisper. A wave of emotion washed over me, and I felt exhausted but comforted that he made sure that I was safe.

"I thought you would be mad," he mumbled, and his voice cracked. He held onto me tighter while he cleared his throat and took a deep, shuddering breath. "I didn't think you'd understand what I did."

"You helped," I replied and closed my eyes, enjoying his warmth. "That's what you were trying to do. Why would I be mad about that?"

"Because I used my powers on you," he said. "I swore that I wouldn't do it the first time that we had met, but I had gone against my word."

"If you hadn't done that, then I'd be dead," I pointed out, and he hummed in agreement. I buried my head into his chest and took a deep breath, breathing in his scent, and letting it fill my nostrils. "Do you do Dream Manipulation, too?"

"Somewhat," Xander replied. "That is something that I am working on, but I haven't had the chance to do much with it."

I looked at him. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Why not?"

He looked down and moved his hand through my hair before he started to play with the ends. "Because I have been spending my nights with you," he replied. He placed a kiss on my forehead, and I closed my eyes. "Though, I do try and help your subconscious mind to the place every night," he mumbled and placed another kiss on my head.

I sighed and nodded. "Do you mind if Mr. Ayra and Brody know about us?" I asked hesitantly while I opened my eyes and looked at him. "And Luke? I know that they won't say anything to anyone else."

Xander hesitated but nodded, and I could see that he looked conflicted about letting them know. "If that is what you want, then sure," he said. He tapped his finger on my arm, and I could tell that he was nervous about them knowing.

"Why are you nervous about them knowing?" I asked, and he raised an eyebrow. I studied him and cocked my head. "Did you want to keep this a secret?"

"For a couple of days, yes," he replied. He pushed some hair behind my ear and placed his hand on my cheek. He stroked it with his thumb and studied me, his eyes losing that hard look in them and turning bright. "I just got you here and want to spend as much time with you as I can."

I closed my eyes and buried my cheek further in his hand. "Then, can we just do Brody?" I asked. "If you want to go somewhere, then he can be our little spy and make sure that we don't miss much.

Xander chuckled and nodded. "We can," he said. "In a couple of days, we can do Mr. Ayra." He sighed and stroked my cheek again, and a smile appeared on my face. "Why do you call him Mr. Ayra and not Dalen?" he asked. "I don't think Dalen likes being called Mr. Ayra because that is his father."

"He doesn't," I confirmed. I shrugged while I opened my eyes to stare at the male before me. "But that is why I do it."

Xander nodded and studied me. "Are you mad?" he asked, and I raised an eyebrow in question. "That I had changed their views of what had happened?" His voice was soft, and he was hesitant while

I shook my head. "I'm not," I said.

"What about you?"

I shook my head again. "I'd still be panicking right now," I replied because I would have been still panicking if he hadn't helped change my emotions for the better. I looked down and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "I'd... also try again..." I trailed off and didn't look.

My cheeks turned red because I was ashamed of myself. However, it was the truth. If he hadn't been there, stopped the voices from making me go insane, I would have done it. I would have taken my own life.

Xander lifted my head until I looked at him. Pain filled his deep, green eyes, and he studied me with them. Gently, he placed a kiss on my lips, and I answered him back just as hard. He pulled me closer to him until it was like we molded into one while we kissed.

I dug my fingers into his hair while we kissed, this one a little more hot and heavy than the way that we had done previously. My senses were filled with him, his touch, his smell, and his taste.

Silently, he told me that he was proud of me. He was proud of the accomplishments that I had achieved and proud that I stayed alive. He told me that he knew that it was hard, but he would be by my side every step of the way.

And, I believed him.