Chapter 13: The Duel

What happened so far...
Kage has intervened in the fight between Demiurge, who is posing as Jaldabaoth, and Ainz alias Momon from Darkness. Nabe has received information to make sure the adventurers are in a state of shock at who they are supposed to fight.
_______________________________________

3rd person pov

After the explanation of who the being known as Morgoth is it is silent, no one dares to speak a word.

Renner:" Is there any way to defeat Morgoth?"

Only mentioning that name seems to make the shadows even more terrifying, darker and hostile.

Momon:" Princess, Morgoth has suffered three defeats in hundreds of years, two only managed to make him retreat and think over his plans and the third was only possible because the oldest gods, beings like Melkor once was, have banished him."

Renner:" Is there any way to get them to help us?"

Nabe:" Those gods haven't shown themselves for millennias and we certainly don't have the time to search for them."

Momon:" She is right, but I don't think Morgoth will actually fight any of us, it be a waste of time for him."

While the adventurers and the princess make their plans, Kage and Demiurge are at a large place, the market was in that part of the capital before.

Kage:" Say, do you know why I chose the name Jaldabaoth for you, Demiurge?"

Demiurge:" No my lord, I am afraid that I don't have what it takes to understand your thoughts."

Kage:" It has nothing to do with understanding me, but rather with the knowledge of what the name Jaldabaoth means."

Demiurge:" And what does it mean, my lord?"

Kage:" The name Jaldabaoth is Hebrew and means 'Child of Chaos', quite fitting considering that you brought chaos over this city."

Demiurge:" I see, then I will do all that is in my power to honor this name!"

Kage:" Interesting for you should be why would I know that name beforehand."

Demiurge:" My lord?"

Kage:" Unlike Ainz who merely responds to something or let's you come up with plans, I like to know what knowledge my potential enemies have and fals information can make my work a lot easier. Remember when I was invited to the palace?"

The demon nods but stays quiet to not disrupt Kages talking.

Kage:" I told the nobles, the king and, probably most importantly, the princess that I came from a land far away, a land that was destroyed by a demon called Jaldabaoth."

Demiurge:" My lord! Does this mean that you knew that this would happen?!"

Kage:" No, but Nazaricks ambitions go against many of the countries that are in this world so it was inevitable, although I had hoped it to happen at a later time."

Before anything else could be said, a horn was blown and soldiers march through the wall of flames that is surrounding the former market.

Kage:" Now then, Demiurge. No matter what happens, you and the Pleiades are excused from everything you have to do, even if you manage to injure Ainz, but remember we are only a distraction so the others can make their parts."

Demiurge bows and with the blue golden mask on his face he and the Pleiades stand against Momon, Nabe and Evileye.

Evileye:" We have come to slay you, demon!"