chapter 2- Telling

My life in a way has always been easy. I never really worried about my grades unless they slipped down to a B minus. I never worried about getting in trouble since my parents weren't ever home. I never worried about not being able to get a boyfriend or invited to parties. The only thing that I truly worried about was my grandmother. She's fairly old and I do worry about her. She is probably my other best friend. She even knew about Jackson but she didn't know that I had sex with him. She did encourage me to ask him for help. My life has been pretty easy. I never stressed but now I was stressing.

My grandmother was the only one home and I was scared to tell her. I don't know what she's going to do. Right now she is cooking dinner. I was fortunate to have someone to cook for me and care for me. She didn't derive from a wealthy family, they were poor but made ends meet. She worked hard and became a lawyer and is retired and her son, my dad is a doctor. he has worked her hard for our family and is one of the most influential people in my life.

She was cooking beef stew. The smell of the broth made me nauseous. I put my hand over mouth and breathed in and out. "Rosey, I'm making your favorite." That's odd she knew beef stew wasn't my favorite, Italian pork chops are. The thought of eating anything right now was making me even more nauseous. "Hey Gram, I need to talk to you," I said while I played with the hem of my shirt. She looked at the stew and asked: " Are you feeling okay you look a little green." She didn't look at me "I'm just feeling a little sick that's all" I replied. "Rosie I know why your nauseous, I may be old but I'm not stupid, all of the Gonzaelz women have the same symptoms, I did, your great-grandmother did and your Aunt Alex did. I know you're pregnant. One of them is being really nauseated after smelling the stew. We're not actually going to eat this I'm making it for one of your father's co-workers, he's sick right now."

She turned off the stove and face me " You should really hide your pregnancy sticks better than letting them in your trash." I looked at her, her lips were pursed and her hands were on her hips. That was the look of disappointment, I wanted to cry. "Gram" I whispered "I'm sorry" I cried out, feel on the floor. " I'm sorry this wasn't supposed to happen." 

"Get up Rosie, it's okay I mean it's not but it will be. I'm going to tell you a story. Your other Aunt, Ruth she was pregnant at sixteen, I told her to get an abortion and she did. Ten years later she had another baby and I got to watch her grow up and now she's your cousin and I regret telling her to get an abortion. It's your choice. I am really disappointed in you. This will be something that will mess up your life if you don't make the right decision. You're grounded for nine months, your going to need support so Belle can come over but you can't go anywhere unless your with me or going to school." She said sternly. Nine months. I was pregnant and grounded for nine months. I stopped crying when she told me Belle could still come over. " who's the father Rosie, and we'll tell your parents together but you need to tell that boy whoever it is"

" Gram, It's Jackson Cress" I mumbled. She took my hands and gave them a squeeze, I don't think that I deserve this woman as my grandmother. "I was hoping you get together with him, not have his child." She grumbled. After talking about my choices with her, I went to my room. I thought about everything. My feelings, my choices, my baby. How could I make these choices and how can I tell Jackson? He had a great future ahead of him and because of one mistake, it was ruined. I debated on whether I should tell him or not. One if I do tell him he won't ever talk to me again, Two his future is ruined, and Three he'll tell me to abort the baby. Abortion isn't completely off the table for me. I don't know much about but before I start to research I really need to tell Jackosn and I was scared. If I do tell him, I don't know what he will do. I was scared for him, for myself, for our furutre and most importantly this baby.