Pit Of Hell

Mike helped a couple delivery guys deliver a twin size bed in the house.

"Ugh, that was heavy, thank you guys very much."

"Where do you want it?"

"Down in the basement."

"The basement?"

"Yeah, I'm making a spare room out of it."

He nodded and the delivery guys were shown to basement.

"Are you sure you want to do this Bethany, sleep in the basement?" Liz asked.

"Yes, I know I always been scared of the basement, Daddy always told me to face my fears."

"You refused to face your fears in the basement, you acted like it was a pit of hell," Grant said.

"I always thought it was creepy myself," Claire said.

"I'm gonna face my fears and that's final, I have no other choice, I'm fourteen, I'm not a little girl anymore!"

"But you're my little girl! You may be a teenager but you're my little girl." Grant said.

"When I was little, I used to be very scared of my closet at night all because one of my classmates told me about a closet ghost that would snatch and kill kids at night," Liz said.

"What did you do?"

"I slept in my parent's room for a couple nights, Daddy said it was the last straw and he told me to go back to my room...but to close my eyes. 'What do you see?' he asked me, and I said nothing, 'there's nothing there, nothing to be afraid of, remember that,' Keep this in mind ok Bethany?"

"Alright, I'll try. Not to believe everything you hear."

"No no no, you won't try, you will do it, face your fears, I'll even stay down there with you!" Grant said.

"But she wants to do this alone," Claire said.

"She will not see me, nobody but the old man can see us."

That night, Bethany walked down to the basement with her pjs on, Grant and Claire followed her down. She sat on the bed, took her slippers off and sat them in front of her nightstand.

"I got her those flowery pink slippers for Christmas last year."

"Those are still so adorable," Claire said.

She laid down and got under the covers and sighed.

"There's nothing to be afraid of, there's nothing to be afraid of, there is nothing, nothing, nothing to be afraid of."

"No there isn't, go to sleep Bethy," Grant said.

She closed her eyes.

"I don't see a doggone thing, the basement is a storage unit not a catacomb in France."

She kept her eyes closed for about ten seconds until this happened.

"I think she's asleep," Claire said.

"Have sweet dreams darling."

Grant kissed her on the forehead. She opened her eyes and touched her forehead. Even though she didn't see them, she felt that kiss. She screamed and ran upstairs. She got up to the kitchen and breathed heavily. Grant and Claire walked up to the kitchen.

"You shouldn't have done that Grant, she'll think there's a ghost in the basement."

"There is ghosts Claire, us!"

"There's a ghost in the basement," Bethany whispered.

Grant shrugged in sarcasm and frustration.