~Chapter 16~

A N E I R A

~Meanwhile~

I ran through rows of initiates, making my way towards HQ, where the others would be able to help me.

“Password?” Someone asked.

“Snowflakes,” I whispered hastily. A few seconds later, the door swung open and Eugene stood there, leading me in.

“Rapunzel and Merida are in their rooms, in case you’re wondering,” he explained dully. I had the feeling that he was bored.

“Call a meeting, immediately! I need to do something,” I ran off before he could ask me questions.

Three minutes later, I came to the surveillance room. This room was used to monitor the activities of every person in the facility. Guiltily, I turned the camera on to check on Elsa. She was on her bed, crying herself to sleep. A guilty pain ached in my heart. I was her friend. I was supposed to take care of her! What was I doing spying on her?

I switched the camera to Jack; he was pacing in the Trainer’s rooms, probably thinking about a way to get himself and Elsa out of the mess. I have to admit, it was pretty stupid of him to help her. I know it was the right thing to do but what was he thinking?

Did he want to put himself in danger? It was as if he didn’t even care what happened to the rest of us! I was furious at him. I wasn’t angry at Elsa; she didn’t even know about The Resistance.

Jake had gotten himself in a sticky situation and he had dragged Elsa with him. There was no way I could help them both at the same time. It seemed as if one of them would have to die for the other to live; that was the way of the Hunger Games.

It felt like it had been years since I first met Elsa and became friends with her. I cursed myself mentally for never realising the way she looked at Jack. If I had known then none of this would have happened! I calmed myself with deep breaths and went outside, where everyone had gathered.

“Guys, we’re in trouble,” I said finally. “It’s Jack and Elsa. They’re in the Hunger Games.

Everyone looked troubled and I didn’t blame them; the Hunger Games were a big thing. The lowest ranking initiates went to war with each other and the last one standing would win. After winning, they had control over their lives again but they would never be the same.

They would be like people coming back from a war; shell shocked and unable to comprehend what had happened to them. They became scared of anything and some people preferred to die than to win the Hunger Games. It was said that the winners of every Hunger Games either went mad or joined Pitch.

Even if we managed to save Jack, he wouldn’t ever be able to lead us again. Looking around the room, I could see Rapunzel’s face and she looked like she might be sick. Suddenly, everything clicked into my mind. It was Rapunzel…Everything wrong happened because of her

I glared at her and saw her turn pale.

“Guys, start on the weapons. Load up. We’re busting him out of there, I’ll be right back,” I ordered.

“Rapunzel,” I spit, shaking with fury “You and I need to talk.”

The others looked confused but they did as they told. Rapunzel got up gloomily and walked to the Store Room I was pointing to.

Once we were inside, I let her have it.

“Do you have something you want to confess, Rapunzel?” I asked, shaking with fury.

Rapunzel looked like she might start to cry but I didn’t care.

“Y-yeah. I –uh- I gave Hans the camera and I... I was the one who told him to go on the roof where Elsa and Jack were,” she said, crying softly.

“Do you –why did you – what were you thinking?” I yelled.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, it’s just- I was jealous of Elsa. I’ve been there for Jack forever and she just came in and took him from me! It wasn’t fair!” Rapunzel shouted.

“So, you put our lives in danger, you put Jacks’ life in danger, you put your own cousins’ life in danger, just so you and Jack could be together. Well done, Rapunzel,” I said, sarcasm oozing from my voice.

“I didn’t mean for this to happen! I thought they’d be excused! And what’s the problem? They were only in love, why did they put Jack and Elsa in the Hunger Games?”

I was thoughtful for a while before the puzzle pieces clicked into my mind. “It’s because Jack trained Elsa in secret and if the other initiates saw that they could train alone, no one would come last in the initiation; therefore, there would be no Hunger Games. So the real reason they were sent to the Hunger Games was because they are a warning to the other initiates to show that if anyone rebels against Pitch or his men, they will be killed” I said bitterly.

“We have to save him!” Rapunzel said and I slapped her across the face. “Don’t you dare. Don’t you DARE! You sent your own cousin to the Hunger Games. You put all of us in danger? Once we rescue them, you won’t be part of the Resistance,” I put as much venom into my voice as I could.

I left her there, crying, but I didn’t care. I had to formulate a plan and fast.

~~~~

A/N: RAPUNZEL IS A BITCHHHH D:

I wanted to thank you guys again but more importantly, I have  request :) Can you please read "Come to Life" It's my other book and I'd Love it if you'd read it c: Give me honest feedback on that book, pleeeeeaaassseeee?

VOTE AND COMMENT FOR ME TO CONTINUE :D :D

I have decided that our fan name is "ice-creams"

So, until the next update, see you later ice-creams <3