Chapter 18

"Oh Ian dear!" I was currently sitting on the sofa and eating chocolate chips. He saunters over to the couch and plops himself down next to me. "Yes darling?" My mind blanks out and I sit for a second silently. "Uhh... Umm..." Laughter erupts from him and I slap him playfully. "It's not funny. I have pregnancy brain."

We watch movies the rest of the day cause I feel like crap. After having a large bowl of ice cream, I hop in the shower. After that Ian and I change into comfortable clothes. I crawl into bed and snuggle as close as possible to Ian. Of course, being 4 months pregnant, it's pretty hard to get much closer than a foot.

He kisses my head gently and lays his hand on my stomach. I toss and turn until I have fallen asleep. I always put my hand over Ian's on my stomach.

My peaceful sleeping is disrupted by a sharp pain. I gasp and sit up. "Oh God." Ian shoots up from his slumber and looks at me. "Oh Ian." He looks at me frantically and tries to assess the situation. "I'm bleeding." Tears roll down my slightly puffy face. He jumps out of bed and grabs a towel. "Summer get up."

My body is frozen and I can't process anything. "Summer. If we wanna save Charlotte, we need to go. Now. Baby get up." He rushed me out to the car and starts driving. We are going well over the speed limit and arrive at the hospital in record time.

Ian walks me in and goes to the reception desk. I hear his conversation slightly. "My wife is 17 weeks along and she is bleeding. We need a doctor right away." She calls in and a doctor comes out. "Summer Stapleton.  Please hurry here." I waddle as fast as possible to a room and Ian walks behind me. After a few tests and agonizing silence I ask, "Is she okay?" My hands are shaking and I can no longer hold back the tears.

"I'm so sorry." I break down and sob. Ian holds me and the doctor takes him to talk.

Me being me, I eavesdrop.

"Mr.Stapleton. Your wife is in critical condition. She lost a lot of blood so we are gonna keep her tonight. It's going to be traumatic for her because we have to do everything tonight. Just stay with her here."

I know what he means by everything and I can't breathe. Ian walks in and hugs me. We sit that night and do everything needed. Early the next morning, he drives me home. I walk into the baby blue, furnished room. With a shaking hand, I grab a blanket. I hold it against myself and gut wrenching sobs tear through me.

I lay on the floor sobbing until Ian comes in. He picks me up and carries me to bed. Once I am in bed he goes and locks the door to the room. As I lay in bed a steady stream of tears roll down my face.

"Baby. We can try again. I want kids and so do you so damnit we'll get our kids. Okay?" I nod slowly still crying. He lays next to me and I curl next to him.

He kisses my forehead and strokes my cheek. I am asleep within minutes.

___________________

I wake up at around noon. I check my phone and see I have 7 missed calls. All from Adalyne. I decide to call her.

"Summer? Hey! Thank God your ok. You weren't answering and I got worried and-" "Yeah. I'm fine I guess." "Summer?" I take a deep breath. "She's gone Addie. Gone. My baby's gone." I am near breaking down. "Oh honey. I'm so sorry. I'm gonna come over okay?"

She hangs up and I decide to maybe do something to make it look like I was okay.

I pull my hair up and put on some sweatpants and a t-shirt that are clean. After I tidy the living room a bit I hear the doorbell ring.

Ian answers the door then comes and sits next to me, brushing his hand on my arm. Adalyne rushes next to me and embraces me on a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry."

All I can do is let out a sob.

___________________

IM SORRY! Don't hate me because I'm wonderful.  *flips hair* No but I'm really sorry. Not like this hurt anyone but I needed some juice to work with. Next chapter soon! BYEZ