1

Ivan hummed, petting his lover's hair. He'd been asleep for fifteen hours. The night had passed by now, people were awake and around and eating breakfast. He knew that the nations had figured out where they were going if he was right about those glares that he got when he was returning with the flowers, which now rested in a vase on the bedside table on his side.

The bird, that he didn't know the species of, who was sleeping in a cage let out a little squawk, curling into its wing.

He just continued humming, leaving little kisses along his face- over his eyelids, on his forehead- everywhere besides his lips.

He smiled lightly as his love cuddled even more into him, burying his face into his chest as he snored lightly, not able to breath with the fabric in his face as Ivan shook his head fondly.

"My little baby," he said softly, "when will you wake up? You already know I will wait for you even if you no longer wish for me too."

Alfred grumbled something, wrapping his arms around his neck and forcing him to stay near.

He just laid down, letting his arm wrap around his waist, pulling him closer as he slept on.

He could basically carry him around like a child with how tightly he held on- how unwilling he was to let go.

He heard knocking on the bedroom door and carefully removed Alfred's arms from around his neck, sitting up and petting his lover's arm when he shifted.

"Come in."

"I wondered how long you would take," Rulyn said, pushing past the door, carrying a large fish tank sized vase, which she picked up even more before placing on the dresser, letting out a sigh.

"You know you can go eat breakfast right?" she asked, glancing at Alfred, who was cuddled up in his blankets, "It will probably be a few hours, or a lot longer, if you get what I mean."

"I'll wait," Ivan replied, looking down at him with adornment, "I want to be here when he wakes up."
"You do you I guess," Rulyn shrugged, walking to the doorway, "you won't get breakfast though."

"Okay," Russia nodded, "I might be back by lunch."

Rulyn nodded, before walking out and closing the door.

He laid back down, letting Alfred snuggle into his chest with a hum, petting his hair. He may have dozed off, feeling his eyes flicker shut in the comfort of being to hold him again.

Around two hours later, Alfred opened his eyes, staring at the face in front of him for a few seconds.

Before closing them again and wiggling closer to the warmth of the Russian's body.

It took a few seconds, but eventually his eyes snapped open and his hand went out to trace his face, Ivan's eyes opening slowly to look at him. Shaking, Alfred cupped his cheeks, gulping down his tears.

Before he launched himself at him, wrapping his arms around his neck and burying his face in Ivan's shoulder, feeling him smirk against his skin, wrapping his arms around his waist and pulling him closer.

"Good morning," Ivan whispered, "it's nice to see you again."

Alfred didn't reply, just hiccuped as he tried not to cry, Ivan kissing him on the forehead, letting him curl up under his neck, hearing the dry tears fall from his face.

"You're okay now," Ivan said, running his hands along the American's sides to comfort him, hearing him let out a little whimper before he felt the tears against the bandages around his neck.

"Shh..." he cooed, pulling him onto his lap and he sat up, "you're safe now, nobody's going to hurt you anymore."

Alfred just started crying harder, gripping his claws into Ivan's shoulder and making him wince.