『*』E I G H T E E N 『*』

Chapter 18: we cuddled with your crush

January 1977

"I heard what you did, Black."

"And what would that be, Snape."

"You disrespected Lucius Malfoy, and you brought shame to the noble house of Black. I don't think you understand the privilege you have, you're a pureblood. The dark lord wants you in his ranks and you have the nerve to say that this isn't the life you want. You have everything and you choose to give it up. I knew you were dumb, but I didn't think you had a death wish."

"So what if I did have a death wish, that has nothing to do with you. None of it does, not the "noble house of Black", not my privilege. This has absolutely nothing to do with you. And I know you're jealous of my status but you don't have to be such an ass about it. I mean seriously Snape do you want people to hate you? You're mean to everyone and if they're mean back then you claim that you're the victim, and if anyone's nice to you, god forbid, you follow them around like an obsessive stalker. I know you like being in other people's business but get out of mine."

"You're going to regret saying that."

"So what if I do? I regret half of the things I say. Now please, get the hell out of my face."

Severus Snape backed into the shadows of the dimly lit hall, the last of the light fading off of his face.  Bella let out the breath she had been holding in, it was hard to act like she was unfazed by the threats.  She knew that there would be consequences for her words. She knew that through and through, but she was at least kind of confident in her ability to tolerate pain and she knew that anything she said now she would probably say again. That was the entirety of her childhood. Saying something that her parents wouldn't like, being punished for it, and doing it again.

She had a hard time restraining her anger around those that hurt or hated others because of the way they were born. Especially if they were hypocrites about it like Snape. I mean the dude hated muggleborns with a passion yet his best friend was one.

In a sense Bella got it, she had been raised to hate werewolves all of her life so when she and her best friend were attacked she hated them even more. She made an exception for Apollo, telling herself that he was different, that he wasn't vicious like the rest. Until she found out about Animagi and how they would help werewolves keep from hurting themselves and others. With this new information she realized that werewolves could be calm creatures and not the vicious ones she'd encountered so she studied for hours on the history of werewolves. She went out of her way to find werewolves and she listened to every word of the stories that they told her. And it made her see that they were human, which was something that she'd never even considered. With her bedtime stories being twisted tales of bloodshed and murder surrounding werewolves it really threw her out of the loop.