Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Darkness.

That was the first thing Emma noticed as she regained consciousness. The darkness seemed to consume everything around her. The only source of light in the whole room was a singular lightbulb that hung from the top of the ceiling.

She was in a completely different atmosphere from the one she was in earlier. She could no longer smell beer and the loud music had disappeared along with the crowd of teenagers. Her memory of what happened was still a bit foggy and on top of that, she had a raging headache.

Emma couldn't help but notice that her lips were numb, she licks them in hope of getting them moist but a bitter taste overloads her taste buds. She would assume that she just went through a hangover, but this was unlike any other hangover that she had ever experienced.

Emma blinks a couple of times to help her eyes to adjust to dim lighting. She tried to form an assumption as to where she could be, but nothing came to mind. There were cracks on the walls that seemed to be made of cement, along with slightly red liquid stains that were spread out across the room. There were no windows, it seemed that the only source of fresh air came from the door that stood in front of them. This room gave off an eerily effect and could easily be passed as a set for a horror movie. It appeared to be an unfinished or abandoned house, there was no paint on the walls or any form of decoration like a picture frame, or at the very least a window. It didn't appear to have a roof either, because the ceiling was also made of the cement. Everything was just cement, she just seemed to be trapped in a cement box.

The most noticeable factor of the room wasn't the singular lightbulb or the fact that there were no windows or the suspiciously looking door. The most noticeable factor were the six chairs lined up horizontally, or more specifically the people who sat unconscious on those six chairs. She turned her head from side to side in horror. Emma sat in the middle, to her right there were three girls and to her left, there were three boys. All of them were still unconscious, it seemed that she was the first person to wake up.

Emma tries to move her hands but fails, realizing that her hands were bound together by a single piece of thick rope. She struggles against it, resulting in her getting rope burns around her wrists.

"Shít!" she hisses out in pain. She tries to shift her body but is unable to do so due to the large piece of rope that wrapped from around her waist to her back that kept her glued to her seat.

Emma starts trying to force her brain to remember as much as she could about that night. Trying to recollect her memories in an attempt to put the pieces together to find out where she was. She kept trying but her attempts were failing, it was like her mind had turned into a complete void. Before she got the chance to form a complete thought it would just disappear.

A quiet groan snaps Emma out of her thoughts, she turns her head to the sound. The girl next to her had just woken up. The girl looks around and fumbles trying to get her hands out of the rope. She tries this for around half a minute then gives up realizing that she won't get anywhere and that she's only wasting her energy. A look of determination crosses her face before she gains the energy to try again.

Emma hears another sound to her left. But instead of a quiet groan, it was more of a pained grunt. She turns her head to her left and notices a boy, who had more bruises than everyone else. He had disheveled blacked hair, a cut lip, a bruised cheek, a black eye, and a cut on his forehead smeared with dry blood.

He catches her gaze and returns it with an annoyed glare. He makes a gesture with his head as if to say 'What the fúck are you looking at?'. Emma quickly looks away, embarrassed to have been caught.