Prologue

Ngozi shifted her gaze from the euphonious gospel choir to Angela, her daughter. She was standing with the rest of the congregation, watching - from behind Angela's seat, as Osas played with her daughter's fingers, specifically the one with his 10carats diamond engagement ring. That ring should weigh a ton!

Slowly their fingers entwined as they both gazed at themselves with immense passion, beaming. The look in their eyes, especially Angela's.

Love!
How much did Angela deserve this?

They were presently in a Catholic Church. And it was Lyric's wedding. One could only imagine, how much of a big deal it was that Osas Osas Udoh attended some random wedding. His security was tight. Stretching from the beginning of the church street, right up to big Jack, who was right behind Osas.

Jack secured the security, giving he feared Angela's ill-mannered ex would be at lyric's wedding. He kept hearing that Lyric and the Jackson brothers were like family.

Damn family! Those boys knew better to keep their distance. Despite, Osas had considered lifting the restraining order, he filed against Ted. Well, it was against both brothers, restraining them from Fiona.

Ngozi drew a deep breath, a feeling of satisfaction and bile, as she thought of her daughter living a life most dreamed of. Uncertain how much Angela deserved this happiness. In spite, she drowned herself in worries, each time, things weren't going well for her unsecured selfish daughter. Recently Ngozi nearly fasted herself to ulcer.

Meanwhile, Angela and Osas' love story had been a fascinating one. From Angela getting knocked down - in a fatal auto accident - by Osas Udoh to a brief romantic relationship between them. Then Angela's lies and secrets. The young man's heart got scattered and he left. And these weren't even the interesting bits.

Angela started to work in one of the largest companies in the country, finding out a few months in that Osas was her CEO. Then so many dramas, afterward. The last drama almost cost Ngozi, her baby girl, Angela. Her first child. Her strong baby, who survived, unlike the ones before her that Ngozi lost to miscarriages.

Ngozi was grateful, however, Angela hadn't been an easy child; as a fetus, infant, toddler, teenager (Teenage; the stage when Angela changed her life forever, bringing little Jack into the world).

Chinonso (Little Jack) happened to be Ngozi's best experience, the true joy of motherhood. A boy, whom Angela already pull from her grip.

Well, Angela didn't get any easier as an adult. It appeared while Ngozi's life revolved around Angela's. Her selfish daughter only pleased herself, even if it brought her mother great discomfort.

Ngozi's most recent ache was having to bid farewell to her sweet boy, Chinonso. It was bad enough, Harry had been so busy, he rarely came home. Now, Angela had her boy. A boy, Ngozi nurtured from birth.

Why was Angela so cruel to her?
Her selfishness and sense of entitlement since the day, she was born. Considering Angela refused to care for the child, she brought into the world, dumping the responsibilities on her mother.
What hadn't Ngozi done for her daughter? The lies she told the entire world for her so that Angela could live her best life.

Well, Ngozi hadn't even listed one of the worst experiences with her daughter, which was managing her DEPRESSION. Angela's depression often got the hang of her. Her mood swings too. This was a child, who was supposed to bring her mother comfort. Her first baby, her Ada!

Ngozi took a breath, as Lyric walked past beside them, being led by Ted to the altar.

"Aunty Lyric is fire!" Little Jack whispered to his now grandma.

Ngozi turned to him with a sad smile, which she tried her best to keep sweet. She took her little boy's hand, squeezing his fingers affectionately.

Big Jack, who was sitting right beside his namesake, stared at the eleven-year-old kid and his beautiful sad grandma.

It appeared these namesakes would be spending a lot of time together hence, In fact Osas already called Little Jack, Don Jack because of his orthopedic cane. Meanwhile, Angela was trying to get everyone to call him by his native name, Chinonso. Don Jack seemed to have gotten popular amongst Osas's employees.

Ngozi snapped Osas and Angela a look, they were whispering and laughing softly. Sadly, she returned her gaze to her boy as they sat back down giving lyric had joined her husband at the altar.

Little Jack noticed she was staring and turned and started to stare back at his sweet mummy. The kindest woman he knew. He could tell she was worried.

Well, she was.

The same question roamed through her mind constantly.
How was her Little Chinonso taking the truth?
How was he dealing with these new changes?
Was this a better life for him?

Chinonso hadn't said much since the revelation. This was more of a façade, giving he'd been acting strong, his whole life. Such a young beautiful angel. Ngozi fondled his hand. If only he was her first child.

"I'm alright, Mummy." Little Jack mumbled.

He had been wearing a front since Angela confessed to him about his parentage. However, this was so stressful for him to process. No one was saying anything about his father. Angela withheld, Osas looked like he knew but wouldn't say. It was yet another secret everyone was keeping from him.

He was damn tired of trying to understand Angela, whom he thought was better off his sister than his mother.

Speaking of mother, she'd insisted little Jack called her MUM and not sis Angel anymore.

And as soon as she and Osas were wedded, Little Jack would move in completely with them. The change of school had been announced to him, he couldn't wait for school to resume. He wanted to see less of Angela. In fact, Jack jumped at the boarding school option. A thing Osas promised to give a thought about giving it wasn't what Angela wanted.

Damn, this was both good and bad news to him. Good news because of how cool and kind Osas was, and bad news was trying to build a mother-child relationship with deceitful Angela who had treated him like a shame all these years. He was young but he'd connected quite a few dots since the news was dropped on him.

Please, vote comment, and share!