Chapter 4: The Training

[Texas' POV]
"Done." I have prepared a fresh and hot apple pie made for Exusiai, as a reward for her hardwork that is.
"Apple Pie..." Exusiai kept sniffing on the smoke coming out from it, it does smell delicious to be honest.
As for Lappland, she was minding her own business, like the grumpy bitch she is.
I sat next to her, tried to calm her down. Her words from earlier made me realize my will, I should thank her.
"What? Gonna say you can't do it?" Lappland looked at me and groans. I don't actually like it when she's in that mood.
"I was actually gonna thank you of what you said earlier. Your words inspired me to go on, you really are truly my friend." I smiled at her, Lappland was left speechless for a moment. Did I say something unusual?
"Ha, a friend indeed. Of course i'll help in a friend in need! That's why I'm with you, right?" Lappland giggles as she started to pat my head. My, she likes patting me too much.
"Texas." Exusiai called by my name, she actually finished the apple pie in a moment!
"Yes?" I looked at her, she seems in an awfully serious mood. Did the apple pie not taste good?
"I can help you onto training if you do wish to be part of the Military Force. It only takes 5 months for it. After that, you are finally qualified as a soldier. Also, I've checked my files, Lappland was also training there for like...2 weeks. Her combat skills are the finest, the chief have taken a liking to her. So her training might be in just a month or two." Exusiai said, Lappland chuckled as she knew that was true.
"See, Texas? I'm amazing right? Why not show your skills also!" Lappland wrapped an arm on me as she started to laugh.

What are my skills anyways?

"Sure..." I said, but not in a sure way. Exusiai was still looking at me, is there something wrong?
"Have you even tried to wield a sword, Texas?" Exusiai questioned, is she trying to make a way for me to learn...?
"I did. Me and Lappland dueled a lot of times in the past, so I'm quite used to it already." But that time, it was still a core memory. When I always defeat Lappland in a sword duel, that's actually where her eye scar came from. Now, I feel like an ordinary person.
Lappland touched her eye, with the one that has a scar. By the looks of it, she remembered it too.
"I see. Why not join me, both of you, to training tomorrow? I might as well ask to join Texas in." Exusiai said, me and Lappland nodded in response.

It was settled.

The next day.

The Rhodes Military Force, where it consists of impressive and skilled soldiers in order to fight the chaos of what's happening in this world.
Everyone looks strict, Well...It is a military, of course.
"Ah, Codename Exusiai! It's been a while! How's your job being a personal soldier? Did they kicked you out immediately already? How funny!" The Chief Doctor laughed at Exusiai while patting her back
"Actually, the one who I swore to protect, wants to join here as a soldier." Exusiai said, facing to me. The Doctor looks so shocked as of now.
"H-Huh?! That's...is she somehow skilled or something?! Exusiai, you don't know what you're saying!" The Doctor said while pointing his finger at me, I have no choice but to prove of what I can do, right?
"Well, I can prove myself to you, Doctor." I said as I held out my sword, which is somehow colored yellow, I am a duel wielder.
"Oh? Very well. I will hand out the melee machines for training purposes." The Doctor suddenly vanished as Exusiai started to facepalm.
"Not the melee..." But, isn't it easy for her to kill melee machines since she's a sniper?
"Ha, I have tried to deal with those! Not bad! You just need right timing on where to attack!" Lappland said, usual her...being all of a show off. It seems like she's also obsessed to violence.

The Training.
This wouldn't be hard, right?
I got this.
For myself...
And to see that woman who is from here.

I pulled the two swords and points it to the machine. First, it tried it hit me, I managed to dodge it. Second, of course it's a melee, it attack on a closer range. Guess what? It has a butcher! Does everything has to have them?!

A sudden hit.
Good thing it didn't got me hard.
My shoulder started to bleed onto my jacket.
Time to get serious.

Before it hits again, I observe it's weak parts, which is mostly the abdomen, and it's arms. The arms is the most advantage here, especially if I do get that arm that's holding the butcher itself.
I dashed in a more closer distance, hitting the targets that I've observed.
Shing.
The sound of my sword slashing over the machine, seeing an open slice of it, showing it's own parts, and sparking electrical wires.
Next, for the arm, I proceed to slice it before it attacks me.
"..."
I was speechless.
Seeing two more of them.
What should I do?
Ah, that.
Lappland told this to me once, it's some sort of a powerful skill implemented to themselves.

Mine's is an AoE skills that also does crowd control, now let me try this once again, as I've failed to do it in the past.

"...Sword Rain."

That's the name of it. As multiple bladed weapons pierce all over the machines. Leading them to defeat and malfunction.

Next, a sudden attack from behind.
From the doctor himself!
His sword clangs to mine, is this a duel...?
The Doctor isn't hesitant as for now, he tries to bring my guard down, but I am not right now.

Clang clang.
Clanging of the two swords.
Which makes it a louder noise.
"Impressive swordsmanship!" The Doctor complimented me as he points the position of the sword at me, aiming for an attack.
I dodged immediately, of course. And made my move by putting away the Doctor's sword in one strike.

It worked.

"Impressive! See that, Exusiai? You weren't wrong!" The Doctor wipes off his sweat as he started to grin.
"I told you." Exusiai said, and walks near me and whispered on my ear.
"Get ready for more in a couple of days and weeks, this is just the beginning."

I won't give up now.