I - Meeting

I was in a coffee shop with my friends, talking about our plan for my "sweet sixteen". One of my friends was late for the meeting, so when she arrived we had already ordered something to drink. It surprised me because Caroline didn't come alone, there was a girl with her.

'Hi guys, let me introduce my cousin, Lindie.' said my friend, after joining us. Her cousin was sitting next to me, she was probably as old as me.

'Hi.' she shyly told me, interrupting me in the flow of my thoughts.

'Hey, my name is Maggie, nice to meet you!' I responded, Lindie looked at me, her eyes were blue. 'Where are you from?' I continued.

'From Brooklyn, my mom holds a coffee shop there.'

'Wow, that's so cool-'

'Not really' she suddenly said 'sorry, it's just that she doesn't have much time for her.'

'I see, sorry to hear this. Actually, I want to become a bar-woman, making cocktails and stuff! that's why I was so enthusiastic.' I explained. It was warm in the coffee shop, the weather outside was a bit colder and yet it was pretty hot for the month of March.

'Tell me more about you, how old are you?' She softly said while she was grinning at me.

'I'm fifteen, but I am turning sixteen soon! It's my birthday next week.' I answered 'it's also why I and my friends are meeting here, to organize the best party ever!'

'You are one year younger than me, I will celebrate my seventeenth birthday in Mai!'

'Crap, you might be too mature for this meeting' I jokingly told her. She laughed and I continued 'What about you? What are your hobbies?'

'Drawing, and photography mainly, and I tried to learn how to play guitar for ten minutes before giving up'

'I felt that, but instead of guitar, it was piano. We would have been the best Duo.'

'Fact, too bad you haven't told me in advance a guitarist was needed aha.'

'Guess It's because I didn't know about your plans.'

'It's time-consuming to be a prime minister' she ironically said 'Pros and cons aha.'

'Hey, if you have nothing planned next weekend. Come to my party, we will have fun!' I suddenly said. Lindie was surprised, she starred at me for a second.' Your cousin is invited, so if you want to join' I shyly added

'Sure Maggie, it would be great to see you again!'

'Yes! Caroline will communicate you my address.'

'Guess I have plans for this weekend now.' she happily added.

I was really happy, making new friends is my favorite thing and Lindie seems to be a really nice person. She had a sweet perfume and cute face. We continued to discuss with our friends about my birthday and time went by. I thanked everyone for coming. I wawed at Lindie and Caroline. Then I took the bus, put on my earphones. I smiled while remembering the conversation I had with Lindie.

I was now at home, my mom warmly greeted me. Dad wasn't back from work yet and my brother was doing his homework in the living room. I went upstairs, threw my jacket on my chair, turn on the radiator and went under my duvet.

Being under your duvet after a long day is the warmest hug you can have. I wasn't hungry at all so I stayed here. I thought about today one last time before falling asleep, a smile on my face.

______________________________________

First story first, I will try to update this story every sunday (or just during the week-end). Don't hesitate to tell me what's not really good and how to improve.

Love

Elolo