Chapter One: Summers Starting

The finale bell of the day rang. Everyone ran out into different direction, everyone except for Nick. Nick Beverly was a pretty cool guy, he was an eighth grader, he had a lot of friends in each grade, and he had a cool summer job. This year he was going to help out some old guy take care of his house that was by a beach. Other then his Job he didn't want summer to start. His entire hatred of summer comes from the fact the he knows that when his 92 days of vacationing is up he will have to go to the all dreaded high school. But secretly he knows that going to high school means that he won't be able to see his crush, Marina Sawyer. Marina isn't in eighth grade like Nick, she is a seventh grader who just so happened to be in his P.E class along with her other friends.

Marina was like one of those super nice nerdy girls that make friends with everyone.  But even though she loved books she was super energetic. But the thing Nick liked most about her was that she was fascinated with super random stuff. The only thing that Nick thought was odd about her was that she was super klutzy, she couldn't walk ten steps without nearly falling on her face it was almost like she just learned how to walk. 

As Nick was standing outside the school taking it in for the last time as his best friend Charlie comes up to him with Marina trailing right behind him.

"Hey Nick. Are you excited for summer?" asked Charlie.

"Yeah I have a pretty cool job actually how bout you?" replied Nick.

"Well I'm planing on getting my couch potato on with games and anime." said Charlie.

"Sounds fun Charlie. Hey Rina I know your birthday is next month and I made you this." said Nick pulling out a seashell hair clip with an uppercase M on it.

"Oh that's super cool thanks Nick it goes with my necklace." said Marina as she pinned it in her hair with the biggest smile on her face.

HONK! HONK!

Then a large yellow bus pulled up to the school just as they were saying their goodbye's. Nick then got on the bus and it pulled away as Marina and Charlie made their walk home with each other because their houses were right next to each other.

During the bus ride Nick was so mad at himself because he had a whole year to tell Marina how he felt but he never took the chance and now he might never get another one.

Soon the bus pulled up to his stop and he started walking towards his house. When he got there he opened up the door and went straight up stairs to start packing for his job which involved him living in the old guys house the entire summer so he would be able to help him easier. The only thing he actually hated about his job was that he had to take a plane to get to the guys house because of how far away it was. It wasn't that he was afraid of them or anything it was that he had never been on a plane without his parents so this was going to be a little new for him.

After he had dinner he went right back up to his room to finish his packing but ended up falling asleep on top of everything. He slept so peacefully but had no idea what was in store for him the next day.