Chapter Three: Meeting The Old Guy

Nick walked up the hill and knocked on the door a couple times before hearing a sound on the other side of the door. And soon enough there was an old man opening the door.

"Who are you?" asked the old man.

" Hi I'm Nick Beverly, I signed up for this summer job thing where people sign up to have someone come and help them take care of their house for the summer and I was sent here." said Nick.

"Well I don't really need help I'm doing just fine on my own, I guess my kids signed me up for this because they don't think I can handle both a granddaughter and a house over the course of three months. But whatever." replied the old man.

"Does that mean you don't need my help?" asked Nick.

"Well I guess it wouldn't hurt to have an extra hand around here and it would be kinda rude to send ya home cause I'm guessing you're not from around here based on the fact that you're even here in this town to begin with. So I guess you can stay." said the old man welcoming Nick into his house.

"If you don't mind could you tell me your name?" asked Nick.

"My name is Ben. But most people just call me grumpy old Ben when I can't here them so I guess you can call me old Ben." replied Old Ben. "Come on I'll show you to your room." Nick then fallowed Old Ben up the stairs past a couple doors and into a room.

"You can stay here, next door over is the bath room there is also another bathroom down stairs, and the room next the bathroom is my granddaughter's currently she is out with friends. Don't worry about her being alone she is about your age and can handle herself also it doesn't seam like it but everyone in this town knows each other so there isn't much to worry about in the first place." said old Ben loosing his breath a little at the end.

"Well thank you for letting me stay and I-" said Nick as he got cut off.
"Hey Uncle do you know where Rina is?" said the voice that had abruptly cutoff Nick. When he heard that name he instantly thought of Marina and what she might be doing.  As Nick was lost in thought about Marina he didn't notice a boy walking up the stairs.

"Hey Uncle who is this?" asked the other boy alarmed.

"Jack Lumen meet Nick Beverly, Nick Beverly meet Jack Lumen one of my other grandchildren and the only one that insists one calling me uncle. Nick is here to help me with my house this summer apparently." said Old Ben.

"Well It's nice to meet you, maybe you can come down to the beach latter and surf with us, and if you don't know how I'll convince Rina to teach you she is amazing at any sport that has to do with water. I keep telling her to enter swimming competitions but she refuses and it's kinda annoying because she's amazing in the water but on land she's a total klutz." said Jack.

"Well why don't you help Nick get settled and then you can go out and find her together and then go to the beach assuming Nick brought a swim suit. You did bring a swim suit right?" asked Old Ben.

"Yeah I brought it." said Nick.

"Well then if you're good to but your stuff in your room and change I'll grab some boards from Rina's room." said Jack. 

Soon after Nick had everything set up in his room, had his swim trunks on and was meeting Jack outside. He went outside he saw three girls standing with him and talking and all three of them seemed to be a bit nervous.

"Come on Jack just tell us where she is. We can't find her anywhere it's not like her to be gone this long." said one of the girls as Nick walked out.

"Who are you." said one of the girls.

"This is Nick he will be going to the beach with us. Oh and Nick this is Jenny Sia, Delta Issac, and Cordelia Beck my girlfriend." said Jack pointing at each girl as he said their names.

"You really think this is a time to go to the beach when the four of us can't find the cousin that you apparently have some telepathic connection too. AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE TODAY WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE FIRST DAY WE GET TO HANG OUT WITH HER SCENE SHE MOVED!!!" yelled Cordelia scaring Jenny so bad that she hid behind Delta.

"Ok I know you're a little frustrated that we can't find her but calm down it's only like noon." said Jack trying to calm his girlfriend down.

"Why don't you guys go look in the lighthouse. Aren't you people always there." said Old Ben form a rocking chair on his porch.

"Ohhhh yeah I guess we could look there." said Delta as they all started to head up the hill to the lighthouse.