Chapter Four: Lighthouse

As the kids walk up to the lighthouse that is at the top of the hill Nick wonders what their friend might look like but all he can think about is Marina from school and how they might not get to see each other again.

when they get to the top Jack pulls out a set of keys and unlocks the door to the light house. The kids then start to make their way through the house part and then up to the top of the tower of the light house.

When they get there Nick is very surprised by what he see's. What he expected was it to be mostly empty besides the light but instead he walked into a room filled with pillows and a couple of hammocks along with a table, chairs, beanbags, and other furniture. What he liked most was the decorations, hanging from the ceiling you could see fishnet balls coming down like dangling lights and the walls were covered with fishnet and seashell decorations. Nick kept exploring the large room and gawking at all of the different things that were made out of seashells and fishnet. His favorite decoration so far was a wind chime made of seashells, drift wood, sea glass, and of course fishnet. As he walked around he made it back to the door with everyone else and tried to walk out the door but got stuck in fishnet and tripped and fell making a large THUD.

"Hey Jack can you help me." said Nick trying to get himself free by moving around and squirming.

"Nick stop moving your gonna make it worse." said Jack trying to help his new friend get free.

When he finally got free he stood up back to the door and thanked Jack for his help.

"BANG"

"THUD"

Nick then fell back to the ground reviling a girl behind him carrying a baseball bat that seemed to be a little terrified.

"WHAT THE HECK RINA!" yelled Jack causing the other three girls to come over to where the commotion was excited to find their friend until they found Nick lying on the ground.

"What happened to him?" asked Jenny.

"Rina hit him in the head with a bat." replied Jack helping Nick up again.

"Sorry I thought he was an intruder." said Rina looking down.

"Nah it's ok. It's not the first time I got hit in the head with a bat. This one time during P.E at school we were playing baseball and this one girl who was my friend had swung the bat and I was standing to close and it collided straight into my forehead. She was panicking so much she thought she killed me." said Nick.

"Wow come to think of it I did that to one of my friends not to-" said Rina as she looked up and stopped mid sentence realizing that she knew this boy and she could tell by the look on his face that he knew her too.

"NICK/MARINA" yelled the two of them at the same time.

"Wait do you two know each other?" asked Delta.

"Yeah we went to school together for the past two years." said Marina.

"Oh yeah when you leave town and abandon us." said Cordelia.

"Beck come on I don't abandon you and you know what I always come back." responded Marina tapping Cordelia on the nose.

"True but we still have to go through most of the year without you and it's not fun." said Jenny.

"Well I'm sorry and I promise I will make it up to you guys, but besides that what are you doing here Nick?" asked Marina.

"Well I'm here for my summer Job witch is to help Old Ben who I'm assuming is your grandpa take care of his house during the entire summer." answered Nick.

"Ohhhhhhhh yeah I remember my mom telling me something about that but I wasn't expecting it to be you, no offence I'm not trying to be rude or anything." said Marina.

"It's ok no offence taken." responded Nick.

"Well I'm guessing we're going to the beach because you're all wearing swimsuits and Jack brought my board sooo let's go and after the beach we can show Nick around town." said Marina excitedly now pulling Nick down the stairs of the lighthouse.

Before Nick could comprehend what just happened he was being dragged down the hill, past the house, and down more stairs before finally making it to the beach and no sooner later the other four showed up and they were caring stuff he hadn't even noticed before. Cordelia had a beach bag with towels, Jenny had a couple buckets and shovels, Jack had the two surf boards, and Delta had another bucket but it was larger then Jenny's.

Nick was extremely excited to be at the beach with the girl he liked but he was even more excited for her to teach him how to surf.